[Research] anandamide and possible end to "idiopathic"

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

droolmonster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/bsc/epi/2010/00000051/00000005/art00006

I may have messed up the linking. Anyway, this says that people with TLE have less anandamide in their cerebral spinal fluid. It was a study seeing if an impairment in the endocannabinoid system is involved in the pathogenesis of seizures. The word anandamide was taken from a sanskrit word that means eternal bliss or something similar, so if I don't have enough bliss in my back, I'm kind of worried. It makes sense though, I always had the feeling I didn't have enough bliss.

In a couple more years, maybe I can stop being idiopathic. Maybe scientists will figure out what the problem is, and doctors can stop saying they don't know. They'll be happy about that.

Yeah, anandamide is interesting stuff. Some studies suggest that a high fat diet (perhaps like the ketogenic diet) increases levels of anandamide in the body. And acetaminophen boosts it as well. But I'm going to hold off on the Bacon-And-Tylenol diet for the time being...

Back
Top Bottom