Answer this question!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

geographically we're so close compared to most members, i should just be able to airmail you some of my ativan, dammit!!!!!
if your day gets much worse bud, screw it, work isn't worth it when the partials are that bad :( i've found when i have more than one in a day that i likely got a t.c. coming. maybe better safe than sorry and go rest in bed?

yeah we should be able to send ativan, that would be great! :)

I've had days when the sp's were pretty bad and I went home. But there are days like monday where I have to keep going because of deadlines. Leaving though happens around 2-3 times a month, good thing my boss is understanding. I'd like to think on those days removing the work stress and enjoying being in bed saved me from tc's..

I like having the flexibility of the 25mgs -- If I'm traveling through different time zones I can take a few pills over a certain length of time to make the shift easier. It's also cheaper -- my insurance charges a copayment for each size of pill. Since I take 175mg/day, that would be one 100, one 50, and one 25, and I would be charged a separate copayment for each.

WOW. so sorry to hear nak. that's bullshit tho! a separate payment for each?! that is so unfair, a prescription's a prescription. arghhh!

chris, karen, wanna join in here? "Ohhhh Canadaaaa....."

Qtown, As usual I love what you say. If I could find a way to move to Canada with my girlfriend, I would do that in a heartbeat. But especially with a dis/different ability and an art maker who is nonaggressive in 'marketing'. Canada wants you to have a Phd. or a business plan with money to start with. :( ... And I guess I must keep my mouth shut about my feelings about tar sands ???

The most pills I've had to take each day was 14 (three meds but multiple pills of each).
After I had started taking Lamictal for a while, I tried weaning off of Keppra but was only able to go as far as one pill less, and I did the same thing with Tegretol. So then I was down to 12 pills a day.
I recently came off the tegretol so now I only have to take 7 pills a day- 5 500mg of Keppra, and 2 200mg of Lamictal!

Last edited:
yeah we should be able to send ativan, that would be great! :)

I've had days when the sp's were pretty bad and I went home. But there are days like monday where I have to keep going because of deadlines. Leaving though happens around 2-3 times a month, good thing my boss is understanding. I'd like to think on those days removing the work stress and enjoying being in bed saved me from tc's..

have only had to take ativan twice, once when my heart stopped and I was awake still, watched someone loose their crap. at the same time try my best to stay focused and keep breathing.

Back
Top Bottom