anyone else

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

joey

New
Reaction score
i have deja vu type feelings all the time and it scares the living crap out of me cuz i think im gonna have a seizure but when i do have a real seizure i usuall dont feel it .when my tcs happen i do feel a tinglely spaced out feeling before the happen. but i know regular humans out there have deja vu . anybody know where im coming from.
:ponder:

Last edited:
Yup

Several of us do have that. It's been quite some time since I've had the pleasure, though, so i can't say that I've gone through it recently. But I have gone through it. It is freaky, it is weird, and it IS downright scary.

same here i have deja vu about twice a week on average and the most bothersome thing is spending so much time trying to figure out exactly when now becomes now again. the sick feeling it gives me doesn't help either

I still get deja vu pretty often, maybe 5-6 times a week. The only change is now since I am on the keppra, they seem to be less intense. I dont start sweating and get the sick feeling, just in the head. Scary since my partials generalize into t/c's. Thats my fear every time I get one now.

I get deja vu feeling sometimes..but not always in correlation with my seizures.. but I often think I may have one and sort of wait for it.
Michelle

I know what you mean. Especially since my wife say the last words I said, right before my second seizure were " I think I am having deja vu again" and then my head turned and I went into a t/c. I hate that feeling when you know you are having deja vu and you know something else might be coming right behind it.

i have deja vu type feelings all the time and it scares the living crap out of me cuz i think im gonna have a seizure but when i do have a real seizure i usuall dont feel it .when my tcs happen i do feel a tinglely spaced out feeling before the happen. but i know regular humans out there have deja vu . anybody know where im coming from.
:ponder:

Joey, I'm right there with ya in the land of the lost: where the past and present become one.
Deja Vu? For something that sounds like a French par'fume, it sure misses the mark doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Since your Deja Vu doesn't turn into tonic-clonics, maybe it is auras/simple partials (since you do have a history of seizures) and it may never turn into any larger seizures since you said your tcs are preceded by a "tingly, spaced-out feeling."

Hope you feel better soon. Make sure to make an appointment (or at least talk) with your neuro just to make sure you're not having a new type of seizure o.k.? Keep us updated! Take Care. -Julie :)

I have deja vu feelings as well, though not always connected with my seizures. Whenever I have the deja vu feelings, they leave me with a worried feeling ... not knowing whether a seizure will follow.

i've learned with my deja-vu, that the difference between just alittle deja-vu and a seizure is the fact that w/ a seizure my heart starts racing like when you're startled, like my body telling me, this is not normal, and everything turns into "movie time" taking forever to play out.

I used to have deja vu...but since I started taking my vitamin supplements I haven't. Weird...hadn't thought about a possible correlation until now.

I get 'em too.....simply thought it was 'deja vu' until I got on here - I thought I had a gift :banana:

I have had the deja vu, but more frequently the opposite (can't remember the term). I may be in a place that is totally familiar and feel like I have never been there before.

These are definitely linked to auras for me.

I thought I was having Deja Vu twice. Once when I was watching TV and it took me a minute to realize that I was watching my DVR. The other time I was watching a movie called Deja Vu. :roflmao:

That's the name. It is a freaky feeling when it happens in your own home. I sure am grateful that I haven't had as much of that lately.

Back
Top Bottom