Are different types aura socially programmed

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I have just been watching tv it about sleeping paralis alien abductions and visions of Virgin Mary.How do you ask what this has to do with e.Well this got me on train of thought,most of us have what I call standard aura smell panic euphoria that sort of thing.often sleep paralysis
Now if you come from devout Catholic country it more likely be Virgin Mary America Allian abduction if unaware of Alians like some South Americans of proberly before Europeans went over and ruined there lives it been great spirits or Australians aboriginal be the dream time Hindu be passed life..
nearly all these be associated with sleep parAlyis often have violent sz afterward ok some have hallucinationed substance associated with it but not all.I have read often these can be e.As time has gone on alien abduction becoming more popular due to media and communications so makes you wonder how much our brain is pre programmed say someone who never heard of Virgin Mary Allian abuduction great spirits etc what would they Experince if their e was from part of brain where others experience these things.

It makes sense that what the brain outputs -- even in the distorted form of a nightmare or seizure-related hallucination -- will have some correlation with what gets input. And generally a lot of what gets input comes from our socio-cultural environment. So if you read a lot about alien abductions, then you may be more likely to interpret a weird dream or hallucination along those lines. Or if you're in a very religious culture, you might interpret a seizure as a religious vision. (An interesting novel based on this idea is Lying Awake, by Mark Salzman). In some cultures in Sub-Saharan Africa there's a strong belief in witchcraft, so a hallucinatory seizure might be attributed to magic.

There South Americans when come of age drink some hallucinationed herbs and become one with forest animals.
Things like alien abuduction or Virgin Mary that both awful or wonderful still it hook hang coat on so to speak but for others who blind and deaf or have no social interaction or even unconscious but still szing it must be very difficult nightmare.The less senses you have smell sight sound taste would it be worse for them To not have fears the rest of us have.
it a poser

Back
Top Bottom