Bananas For Everyone

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashelyn

New
Reaction score
Greetings!

Well, I've all but given up on my Google searches, so now I'm invading your forum! But first, I shall be polite and introduce myself.

I'm 26, originally from VA and currently living in Colorado. I'm diagnosed TLE with secondary, generalized tonic-clonic seizures. But I consider myself one of the lucky ones - my seizures are 100% manageable (for now) with medications. 2000mg of Keppra a day have kept my seizures away since 2001. I have learned, however, that missing more than two doses in a 24 hour period can lead to relapses. Relapses are bad as I rather like driving.

So, with managed epilepsy, you'd think I'd just move along and be grateful. However, in the last couple of months, two folks close to me have experienced seizures. One, a child two years of age, and another, a friend closer to my age. Both incidents were stark reminders of the problem in my brain.

With that, I hope to be able to poke around, perhaps offer some support or answer some questions from my own experiences.

Oh, and I tend to be somewhat verbose >.>

:brock:

Hello Ashelyn!

:hello:

Glad you found us and welcome to
the forums!

Bananas are my favorite! I'll take 2 please and welcome to the forum. I do so enjoy those who ply me with gifts! Hey brain, maybe we sould send some bananas to our little kissable monkey! :D

TALK MORE ........... I wanna' drive. I wanna drive real bad.

Hi Ashelyn, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Verbose is just fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom