Brain surgery fun

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I posted a pic from my brain MRI on all my social media profiles for some time and it really did creep people out. After a grand mal I generally suffer long term memory loss for 3 days so no matter what I do I forget about it. I always go to a movie so I can enjoy it twice. One time I was joking around before the movie with my wife and someone got enraged they confronted us. My wife tells me that the conversation was funny but I don't remember.....obviously.
I have as much fun as I can with it and if I ever have to do vns I will be asking for brain, I would even pay extra for it. My management would me make me take it home but still I would try. That is a great idea.

Hi Clancy
I had surgery in 2011, I'd never have thought of getting anything from my surgery as a reminder lol.
I posted a pic of my scar on my fb page after my surgery and some of my family / fb friends said the pic freaked them out. I couldn't see why it was just a scar, no blood or guts but some people don't like seeing that stuff.

I have a few epilepsy / brain surgery shirts. Some of the epilepsy shirts I got through the Australian epilepsy foundation and the rest I got made through a t-shirt company in Australia.

How do I post a pic?
You can post pics from sites like photobucket or tiny pic but that's from a computer. Think the same would work on your mobile you'd just have to hold down the address so you copy and paste.

Also with new members you need to post so many posts before you can post pics

Back
Top Bottom