Breaking my 28 years of silence

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cndddd

Reaction score
Newbie here. COVID has wrecked us all and I will share that I’ve had more seizures this pandemic than throughout my entire life. I’m afraid to do everything and feel so alone.

Hi Cndddd,

Welcome to CWE! I understand how you feel. The past couple of yrs. I've noticed I've had a few more seizures than usual since the virus
broke out and that's because I worked at public school but I retired this past June and I'm more relaxed now, except I have a cousin who's
a Dr. and has to deal with this problem every day. He told me to take zinc twice a day 50 mg. and that will help fight off the virus.

Do you have any hobbies that you like to do? I have found if I keep myself busy I have less time on my hands to be thinking about
everything that's going on. I also get into ham radio so I talk to people on the radio all over the world and make a lot of new friends.

What about your family or friends do they keep in contact with you? That may be something you could do is spend time with them
then you won't feel so lonely.

I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You,

Sue

Hi Cnddd, welcome to CWE!

We all "get it" here about the challenges and stresses of epilepsy. Feel free to vent and ask for advice or support and generally make yourself at home. :)

Cheers!
Nakamova

Greetings Cndddd. Welcome. I do hope things get better with the COVID and that your seizures go away or get back down more to your normal days. I also had problems when this COVID started, to the point my neurologist added another drug. Porkette mentioned that hobbies can possibly be a plus and I believe that could be a good plus for me!

Again, welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom