Cannibidinol.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Zara

New
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about this or where it is at with it's research? I am very interested in knowing where they are going with this and am not finding the answers i am looking for. Does anyone else have any ideas about what may be going on with this drug. I know they were calling it Sativex and it was going to be produced by a company in the U.S. in inhalor form in conjunction with G.W. Pharmaceuticals. This is the same company who is sharing the technology with Bayer Canada. I was just wondering where this was going and what may have happened as this new company has went off the market and vanished with all numbers and traces of it gone.

Surgeon Generals Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, and May Complicate Pregnancy.

:soap:

I don't recall anything, but it's not something that I was actively monitoring either. Were they conducting any trials for FDA approval? You might try contacting G.W. Pharmaceuticals or Bayer Canada directly (via email, snail mail or the phone) to get some answers.

From Wikipedia (unsourced):
Sativex has received permission from the US regulatory authority, the FDA, to enter directly into late stage Phase III trials in the US. The first large scale US trial in the US for cancer patients is expected to start in summer 2007.

Birdbomb, thanks for the links. :brock:

Looks like they are targeting the cancer market first.

Yes Atsuko and all referance of it is gone... Even the numbers I had have been disconnected though legislation was passed to legalize the marketing of it I know for sure to M.S. patients in the U.S. somewhere around the 22 of March of this year. I have been in talks with Bayer Canada and they were willing to enter me into their Epilepsy program immediatly with this new therapy. They even called me back the next day about it actually. My wife likes it here I think she wants to be around her family I may be mistaken though.

Last edited:
Isn't that the naturally occurring substance in marijuana that gives you that mellow buzz feeling? I did a little research on that one time, discovered the THC gives that hyper out of control feeling (which I don't like), whereas cannibidonols give that feeling of being spaced out (which I prefer).

Back
Top Bottom