CBD/Hemp paste/oil in the UK?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Howll

New
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but most discussion I've seen is that from the US. I'm wondering if anyone knows where to pick up hemp paste/oil or whatever in the UK? I'm pretty sure it's legal now, but I do want to make sure it's from a reputable source.

I'm not really sure where to post this, as it's not for my epilepsy, but thought I'd post it here as it isn't specifically epilepsy related. It's actually for my Mum, she's suffering with Fibromyalgia, and everything she's tried either hasn't worked (Stuff like Naproxin), or has just had really bad side-effects (She's just had to come off a mild anti-depressant that was prescribed for it because of gastric effects). So at the moment, she's willing to try anything. She's struggling so bad with it, to a point where she's seriously considering taking early retirement from her job as a midwife.

Any help would be appreciated!

Place in London think Charlotte near china town but the place in America do ship it..
I can understand her wanting early retirement I use work NHS also a nurse.
Your mum would know there lot better and stronger that don't cause gastric problems.i have DF118 she will know what it is tramadol nefopam

She's tried tramadol but it doesn't help and makes her too woozy. She's tried so much, she thinks 5HTP helps but it's still nowhere near good enough. Problem with fibro is that doctors don't really know why it's caused, some new study has said it may be to do with blood vessels and that's why a lot of pain meds don't work :(
I'll have a look into shipping it from the states thank you :)

Under active thyroid give same pain if her thyroid test come back normal that don't always mean it is normal thyroid levels be different on different days...She working NHS she going be well stressed out midwives get raw deal these days

Yeah, she also has a slightly under active thyroid too but hasn't been medicated for it yet as its only borderline.

Mine was borderline as soon as I went thyroxin a lot of the pain felt better..It not to wise not being medicated if she got FM pain.The pain is at cellular level in under active thyroid that is why some days worse than others.My opinion she should push her doc bit more docs believe me don't know everything about thyroid,plus different hospitals have different goal post for eg my B12 is low but hospital I under just changed boundaries what is normal,if I gone year earlier I would be having treatment now..There is another thing to think about low B12 often have borderline low thyroid so maybe her B12 and follies need looking at

Folic acid sorry my iPad got evil spirit and changing my spelling

Tell your mum I took early retirement as have many other I knew NHS treating there frontline workers like crap.She won't get full NHS pension but she get something would it be enough to live on.
I was pushed to retire when found out about my e,the carding profession not that caring for it staff.Is it poss she retire but go straight on to bank nurse work as she desire and pay full stamp that what I did

She may actually be on thyroxin come to think of it. Her B12 is fine though from what she's told me. She's going through the occupational health process now to hopefully be advised to retire due to ill health rather than applying for early retirement, that way she will get more of a payout and full pension, if she applied for retirement she wouldn't so it's a bit of a waiting game.

I know you can buy hemp paste and oil through Amazon, if your mum is wanting to try it, the best thing to do would be to research which is a reputable brand and then get it through amazon, then you wouldn't have to pay the expense of having it shipped in from other countries.

It's not something i'd ever consider buying, but a quick google search came up with that as the easiest solution anyway.

Oh wait, just checked and apparently Holland and Barrett do a hemp oil too.

Hope she finds something that helps. Naproxen is useless, i have to take that for something else, have to take an extra tablet with it to stop it turning my stomach inside out, and even then it only works for a couple of hours if i'm lucky!

I'm pretty sure the Holden's Hope hemp paste will ship worldwide from Colorado.

http://www.holdenshope.com

They are very nice about answering emails. Drop them a note and find out. The guy who runs the place is Brad Morehouse and he's a very helpful person.

Back
Top Bottom