Cleaning

What types of house cleaners do you use?

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I spend the majority of the time with my 3 and yet they follow in their fathers footsteps-a slob-and lazy-if they use something(20 times a day)they leave it right there or stow it in one of my longaberger baskets that I have all over the house for safekeeping until they need it again(next year)My house is so disorganized that even though I bought lots of pretty storage containers in different sizes and colours half the lids are lost.I make clutter runs when it gets ridiculous-big garbage bag throw everything in-off counters,desks,floors and stow it in closet-after 6 mos throw the whole bag away

Mel - have you ever seen this site > http:flylady.net ?
She has some great suggestions in how to involve your family in household chores.

I have been on this website a few times, it really is great, wonderful post RobinN!

as much as I miss my dearly departed dog and cats, they did leave hairs everywhere. I live alone so it's easy to be clean and organised!

:)

I live alone, and my cats do leave hair (and hairballs) everywhere.
The disorganization is all mine, however.

Have to agree with Shelly,i have a organized mess,yet when i go to look for something it suddenly becomes disorganized and nothing can be found making everything even more dizorganized.

I havnt experienced any problems with cleaning supplies. I use antibacterial cleaners around the house all the time. Dusting products, windex or glass cleaners, comet, torilet cleaners, clorox for laundry purposes, etc. Im a stay at home mom, so cleaning is always on my "to do list". But so far, after being married for almost 9 years and having three kids, I havnt had any issues with any cleaning products.

Im a very "organized" person. I hate being in a house that is messed up or not organized. If I just dont pay attention to it, I can handle it. But Ive gone into a friends home, where I ask how in the world can she sit there and see everything just laying around, and she didnt have a problem with it. Ive always been organized and have a place for everything. I just cant stand to live in any other way. My mom at times will ask how do I keep a house so organized and clean with three kids and a husband? :roflmao: I had to show her some pics that I took of the house after we moved in and I showed some friends on the internet through my email. They wanted to see the place and couldnt believe how great the place looked all picked up clean. But for the most part the house is pretty much like that the majority of the time.

Last edited:
I havn't experienced any problems with cleaning supplies. I use antibacterial cleaners around the house all the time. Dusting products, windex or glass cleaners, comet, toilet cleaners, clorox for laundry purposes, etc. I'm a stay at home mom, so cleaning is always on my "to do list". But so far, after being married for almost 9 years and having three kids, I havnt' had any issues with any cleaning products.

I'm a very "organized" person. I hate being in a house that is messed up or not organized. If I just don't pay attention to it, I can handle it. But Ive gone into a friends home, where I ask how in the world can she sit there and see everything just laying around, and she didn't have a problem with it. Ive always been organized and have a place for everything. I just cant stand to live in any other way. My mom at times will ask how do I keep a house so organized and clean with three kids and a husband? :roflmao: I had to show her some pics that I took of the house after we moved in and I showed some friends on the internet through my email. They wanted to see the place and couldn't believe how great the place looked all picked up clean. But for the most part the house is pretty much like that the majority of the time.

Clorox? http://www.ask.com/questions-about/Clorox-Bleach

http://www.ehow.com/about_5373556_dangers-clorox-bleach.html

I use baking soda instead of Comet.
I will admit to using Windex for windows and such, because I am not satisfied with either vinegar or straight ammonia.

Vinegar, for its acid content, is a good anti-bacterial. wipe.

I rarely use anything stronger. It isn't so much about being able to handle it, as much as an accumulation of these poisons over time for you and your family.

Last edited:
i didnt know they effected!! gosh another thing.
I use whatever prob harsh stuff... i do notice i get lightheaded when clening but i thought it was my meds side effects

For most things, scrubbing with baking soda or cleaning with vinegar would suffice.
Be careful with stuff labelled green. It may be the original product formulation with no color, or a different color added, plus a different label and a higher price tag.

Oh yeah and I also use experimental neuro-chemicals for cleaning the WC...

Just kidding. :)

Back
Top Bottom