[Research] Closed-loop versus open-loop surgery

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

suebear

Veteran
Reaction score
I just got an article sent to me from Scientific American which I have posted on my epilepsy blog. This article discusses how closed-loop devices have a higher percentage chance of eliminating seizures than open-loop devices especially for persons who have difficulty that cannot manage seizure control with medication or have gone through a series of surgeries.

There is a lot of research still taking place on closed-loop surgery taking place and I found it to be quite interesting that the surgery I just had was not mentioned even though it is the ONE surgery which is used to cure persons with Epilepsy.

I have to wonder why it is that the author chose not to bring this truth up to the readers? :ponder:

Back
Top Bottom