consciousness level during seizures?

what is the duration and your consciousness level during your most usual seizure?

• still fully conscious, responsive; more than 10 seconds

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • still fully conscious, responsive; less than 10 seconds

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • fully conscious but "out there", responsive; >10 seconds

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • fully conscious but "out there", responsive; <10 seconds

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • semi-conscious but not responsive; >10 seconds

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • semi-conscious but not responsive; <10 seconds

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • minimal consciousness, not responsive; >10 seconds

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • minimal consciousness, not responsive; <10 seconds

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • unconscious; >10 seconds

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • unconscious; <10 seconds

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thank you for sharing.
I would rather be unconscious during my tonic-clonic episodes. which I usually am. I'm still freaked out by that last seizure I had in January. I had never experienced anything that terrifying ever. even though- my partials are a bit terrifying I can usually handle fine. I moved out of that apartment. Im sad because I really liked it there and felt safe
Now I'm scared to be alone in that apartment Im afraid of every little aura feeling I get. I sometimes feel like I'm going crazy. I think its worse because, It's so hard to explain the stress, emotional fear and everything else that goes along with E.
Anyone else feel that way?

I do. It's so difficult to transfer these thoughts, so difficult to ever describe, but I feel what you feel and you're not alone and these are the things which matter.

Back
Top Bottom