Creative Side

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KAM

Stalwart
Reaction score
Each year at work we have the Communications Deptartment come through two buildings taking videos of all our staff to show at our holiday party. Whoever comes up with the most creative video wins something. In the 11 years I've been at the company, I have sold more than $100 million in tickets and my creation has given me more recognition than anything.

What I did was take the red and green tickets from our last event, taped them together and created a christmas tree and taped it to our door. We took all of the other colored tickets, created presents for the bottom of the tree and made bows for the top of the gifts with lanyards (what you wear around your neck with the plastic pouch). We put a border around the door with tinsel and lights. Found a brown ticket and made the tree trunk. After so many people were taking pictures of it with their cell phones, HR came to take pictures and then the Media Department came over. With so much attention, I then made a wreath out of the tickets. Now the auditors get to reconcile my tree and wreath but can't take it apart, we'll hang it up again next year.

Pretty funny what gets you recognition. Maybe that's trying to tell me something, lighten up?? I'll let you know if we win something.

How fun that must have been. Those are the playful moments we all must relish. If only we could remember to treat life moment by moment that way.
The way I lighten up is to grab a sketchbook and draw everyday items that capture my eye. I know that they will not be on display, yet often people enjoy sharing the view with me. It puts a smile on many faces. What I get out of doing this is a moment to slow down and really see my world. The colors, textures, sounds. I find peace in doing so, and it grounds me to remember what is important.
It sounds like you did the same KAM. If you can take a picture, upload it for us using the little landscape icon, in the reply box.

I'll try, I know there are issues with displaying the company logos which are on the tickets, if Media says it's OK, I will. What I'm trying to do is get them to display this for a holiday promotion because we have gift certificates for our next two events taped to the door. If they do that, anybody can look at it. I'll let you know.

That sounds great Kam.

Did it take long to do the display?

I hope you win a prize :).

It took about four hours for the tree & presents plus a few ornaments we put on. It took about two hours for the wreath. Did most of the tree at home and just set the layers of the tree on top of one another and put it in the back of the SUV, brought them to work and taped it on the door. My kids have a project they need to do for school about family tradition and now that they saw the tree, they both want to do a tree with tickets. When I said it's not really a tradition, they said you sell all kinds of tickets, it could be... It was fun, from the looks of things, I may be making two more!

Back
Top Bottom