CURE is having a fundraiser in NYC

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
I got a note from our friends at CURE that they will be hosting their 1st annual fundraiser in NYC on May 13th at the Yale Club:
We will be honoring David Axelrod – chief strategist to senator Obama – and George Stephanopoulos will also be a guest speaker. The event is being hosted by PARADE magazine. ... All proceeds will go to epilepsy research.

David Axelrod's daughter Lauren was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 7 months. David's wife Susan started CURE 10 years ago.

You might recall a while back Susan was on the Today Show talking about epilepsy. Randy Siegel, CURE Treasurer and president and publisher of PARADE magazine, also wrote a nice story that was published in August last year in Newsweek: More Than Hugs. CURE has also sponsored numerous research studies.

My mother and I will be attending this event. We are very excited to be part of the CURE benefit. They are an outstanding organization dedicated to raising awareness and finding a cure for intractable epilepsy. Please support them!

:clap:

Awesome and hope it all goes superiorly well!

:mrt:

I admire Susan Axelrod and all she's done so much, that I sent her a fan letter and offered my writing and fundraising ideas pro bono. She's quite a lady. And one of the few able to wangle real money out of the NIH! (Of course having David as a husband helps too!!!)

Back
Top Bottom