Did you see the eclipse

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
How many people saw the solar eclipse today?

I went to Erie Pennsylvania to see it. We sat in a Wal-Mart parking lot and had a great view. When everything went dark people lit fireworks and shot off guns.

Thanks to all the clouds that came in about 1 hr. before the eclipse I didn't get to see it at all. I live in
Central NY and we were supposed to get a good view of it but we didn't get the chance.

Sue

My experience was similar to Porkette. I wasn't in the path of totality (umbra), but in the partial shadow (penumbra) south of the totality. We had light rain and cloud cover all day. I was able to go outside and view a little bit with the special glasses - a very dim view for a few seconds as the could cover got thin, but it wasn't very exciting. I ended up watching a little bit of NASA's live stream on the TV.

We saw 94% coverage in the Chicago region. I just sat on a chair outside my garage wearing the special glasses.

It didn’t come over here.
We won’t see a total eclipse again until 2028

Our town was right on the center line with just over 4 minutes of totality. Weather was wonderful. Amazing view when it went total, and we could take our glasses off. Never seen anything like that before. Could even see a tiny solar flare on the bottom. I have a video of the 360 degree 'sunset' all around the horizon. That was cool to see as well. Our area will not have another total eclipse until 2099.

Our town was right on the center line with just over 4 minutes of totality. Weather was wonderful. Amazing view when it went total, and we could take our glasses off. Never seen anything like that before. Could even see a tiny solar flare on the bottom. I have a video of the 360 degree 'sunset' all around the horizon. That was cool to see as well. Our area will not have another total eclipse until 2099.
My new picture was taken during the eclipse.

Back
Top Bottom