Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the other one... W Bush.. William

• no..he's done.. Amber

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I went through this last night and I jnew even.postical after a t/c which I remember nothin broke a friends laptop in process and started wondering around the neighborhood

I believe my last postictal president was Clinton

LOL,this thread is funny to me.We,well ive never been asked Who the prime minister is,or even what year it is.Its usually You have had a seizure,followed by do you have epilepsy.

Its what i do rather than what i say that makes me cringe!

I remember vaguely when I 1st started taking seizure again the drs/nurses in the ER would ask me every few hours who the prime minister is, what year it is? I think they asked me a few times while I recovered from the seizures I'd had, I don't remember my answers but pretty sure I got them wrong most times lol.

lol I remember the doctor asking me to spell WORLD backwards. It took me some time :)

When he asked about the president I think I said "I don't know" :lol:

i hate it when they ask that, be cause i can speak mostly normally.
till they ask me that.

this is based largely on the second tonic-clonic I had and later I asked my mom and dad what I was saying and answering

no fair - I doubt they go "hi sir, I know you just broke your femur, but can you quick do 100 jumping jacks to just prove your leg is still there?"

Ok Perero,ive voted number one for me,just due to the total denial and general garbage i speak for about the first ten minutes after i come around.

I'm with Neil I vote for me due to total denial and general garbage (except I'm a bit longer than 10 minutes, last one was over half an hour. Man was I pissed!!)

I usually have no idea who our prime minister is when I'm not post ictal. (it's Steven Harper, but even when I'm fine I say Stephen hawking!) but the only other prime minister I remember is jean chretien and that's usually my answer

I think that last time i said it was Tony Blair. I think we've had a fair few since him!

It's weird how such simple questions like "what day is it" and "what's your name" can become so difficult after a seizure :O

i think my answers were "july" and "lou" which confused the docs since my birth name is actually Amanda, i just couldn't remember as i've always been called Louise. And it was August, but even so that has nothing to do with the day.

Oh yeah and the big event going on in the world at the time was the Blackpool Punk Festival although i think he actually meant the olympics :p

Those were the intelligible answers.

I usually have no idea who our prime minister is when I'm not post ictal. (it's Steven Harper, but even when I'm fine I say Stephen hawking!) but the only other prime minister I remember is jean chretien and that's usually my answer

It's so true isn't it Rae? In Canada it's not so unusual not to know who the Prime Minister is!!! Tee hee! Sad, but true!
I find that they just ask what day it is, the month, the year, your name...the prime minister is not even mentioned at all!
Steven Hawking made me laugh.
Jean Chretien is the most memorable for sure...:roflmao:

Oh yeah, good 'ol Chretien. How could anyone forget that face?!?!

Yeah it's true the prime minister is never mentioned with me either - my name, where I am, the date, and when I went in the ditch with my car they also asked if I knew what had happened to me, as they were trying to determine if I'd ever had a seizure before or if this was something well-known to me.

heck - most days now I can't tell what day it is - or differentiate between them much 0_o
lol

I think that last time i said it was Tony Blair. I think we've had a fair few since him!

It's weird how such simple questions like "what day is it" and "what's your name" can become so difficult after a seizure :O

i think my answers were "july" and "lou" which confused the docs since my birth name is actually Amanda, i just couldn't remember as i've always been called Louise. And it was August, but even so that has nothing to do with the day.

Oh yeah and the big event going on in the world at the time was the Blackpool Punk Festival although i think he actually meant the olympics :p

Those were the intelligible answers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom