Everybody safe and ok. Hurricane Harvey.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Fedup

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
There has been a little bit of flooding here in parts lately but its nothing compared to what is happening in the USA at the moment, there are a lot on CWE from all over the USA and I hope everybody is safe and ok.

( fedup gave me permission to edit the title of this thread. CathyAnn)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi fedup, the Texas coast got hit really hard. The rains that continue are devistating. It was just reported that a family of 6 had their van swept away while trying to evacuate and they all drowned. 4 children under 16 and their great grandparents. :(

I'm worried about Bernard as I think he's close to Houston where the horrible flooding is taking place. Hopefully he checks in soon to let us know he's okay.

I'm 4 hours north and we've only gotten a few short, random rain showers. I'm counting my blessings.

Keep Houston and the surrounding areas in your thoughts and prayers.

CathyAnn31

That is terrible news, I really hope Bernard is ok. My thoughts and prayers are with everybody, Its good to know you are ok as well. What about Nak?

Hi CathyAnn31,

My prayers are with you and Bernard and all of those people in Texas. If I hear detail on the ham radio I will be sure and let you know. May God Be with All of You, Protect you and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Hi Sue, thanks for thinking and praying for us. Dallas is fine, nothing to worry about here.

Where Bernard is, it's a whole different story. :(

I did notice he was online here but he hasn't checked in.

Austin made it thru okay. Just wind and rain. Right now Houston area is getting hammered. Bernard, You might be right at about ground zero now so you take real good care. Hope you are high & dry...........Ed

Thanks for thinking of us. I live near Chicago, but know people who live near the Houston & Dallas areas.

Hi im close to corpus christi , it got hit hard but my town was not hit i will pray for all here down in tx god bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of all of you in Texas and along the Gulf Coast. Wishing for a speedy recovery.

Bernard? Let us know you're okay.

Hi folks. Family and I are doing fine. Something like 3,000 homes in my city (Friendswood) are flooded. But there are a lot of low lying housing developments in my city that always flood in major storms. Why FEMA hasn't bought these homes out, demolished them and turned the land into parks or something I will never understand. Would be way cheaper than rescues, sheltering people (and animals) and flood mitigation after the fact every time (every few years).

At any rate, my home is located at a point of high ground. I was fortunate enough to be able to survey the area back during tropical storm Allison (6th worst flooding event in US history) when most of Friendswood was flooded and this area was high and dry. It helped in our decision to build a home here.

Many of the roads in my area are flooded out, so stores are closed and most city services are shut down too (no one can really drive anywhere). We still have power, clean water and a good supply of the basics (food, water, batteries, etc.).

The rains from Harvey are actually worse than what we saw with Allison. We've officially had an entire year's worth of rainfall in just three days now and more is forecast for the next few days. Last I saw, Harvey is now the #2 worst flooding event in US History and the very worst for the continental US (the worst one was in Hawaii).

Greatto hear that you are okay Bernard. Looks like it's going to be a long road to recovery for all the low-lying areas hit be the storm.

Its good to hear from you Bernard, keep safe.

Thank goodness! I've been really worried about you guys!

Glad y'all got spared. Thanks for checking in.

Glad to know you're ok Bernard and I hope it stays that way. When I found out that you lived close to where the storms are I was worried.

Well, Harvey apparently got bored with our area has has moved on to the east of us. Rains stopped last night and the pavement outside almost looks dry this morning. I expect things are slowly going to return to normal as the flood waters recede. :)

America weather conundrum to me I often read one state dropping with heat and next state have snow but this not good so sorry people who lost everything.Trump either there or coming see if he walks on water

Back
Top Bottom