Everything is relative ...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Saranoya

New
Reaction score
You know what I was doing, this afternoon? I was writing a long, winding rant about how I didn't know for sure that I want to keep doing this anymore ('this': life with so many tonic-clonic seizures, and all that comes with it). And then I got an SMS from a friend.

Her mother, who had been battling cancer for about as long as I'd known her, died this afternoon.

Well. If that doesn't put things in perspective, I don't know what will.

She was among the sunniest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. And despite the fact that she'd been ill for four years, nobody saw this coming (not even her own daughter). She never stopped smiling and telling everyone that 'everything will be all right'.

Everything is not all right. She's dead at much too young an age, leaving behind a husband and two teenage daughters. She never did anything to deserve what she got. Life isn't fair.

But then, it's not as if I didn't know that already, right?

In any case, my pessimism has been put on hold indefinitely. She fought tooth and nail to hold on to this life, and she lost. I would be a coward if I *chose* not to hold on.

Well suicide and the pain is causes for everyone who cares about you is something to keep in mind. Life isn't fair, so many people on CWE get through the day with seizures that are way worse then mine. I have no idea how they stay so positive, but what happened to your friends mother is eye opening. I don't know exactly how you feel and I don't I might not have the right words to help. Though reading through CWE, and so many peoples posts. You aren't the only one who feels like things can be useless in this life.

With E it seems like things can be so random, I think it can test anyones willpower. And T/C's on a daily basis is a nightmare and I'm sorry. I do care, about everyone this forum. I hit a low that I don't think I could've mentally pushed through without the support and friends i've met through this site. You can PM me whenever you want, I am not here to judge you, just to tell you that this isn't a battle you fight alone.

Back
Top Bottom