Famous people in history with epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
going back over the years like Alexander the Great Julius ceaser I believe tutumkarmer some American and uk government greatness were thought of as touched by God the greats of the greats.How did it change to people being treated like lepracy or scared.
Another thing people with the odd forms or would be perceived as nothing the matter but in fact may have temporal lobe and having the odd aura and they made awful judgements carried out to little to late.
How many have been put to death on capital punishment there was a case in uk back in 50s a young boy put to death it been discovered to little to late it was his epilepsy.Kings and Queens hiddened because of it even up to recently.
I have my odd ideas on some of it due to human condition and maybe wrong

I think we are in great company: writers, artists, composers, leaders, actors, performers from throughout history had/have had Epilepsy.

Vincent Van Gogh
Neil Young
Edgar Allan Poe
Theodore Roosevelt
Lewis Carroll
Charles Dickens
Prince
Florence Griffith Joyner
Susan Boyle
Lil Wayne
Elton John
Danny Glover
Alexander the Great
Hugo Weaving
Amy Lee
Lindsey Buckingham
Napoleon Bonaparte
Julius Caesar
Harriet Tubman
Truman Capote
Caligula
George Gershwin
Margaux Hemingway
Socrates
Michelangelo
Richard Burton
Bud Abbott
James Madison
John Roberts
Neil Abercrombie
Gustave Flaubert
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Tiki Barber
Agatha Christie
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Grover Cleveland Alexander
Ida McKinley
Sir Walter Scott
Lord Byron
Lord Alfred Tennyson
Joan of Arc
King Charles V (Spain)
Martin Luther
Pope Pius IX
Aristotle
Pythagoras
Beethoven
Handel
Alfred Nobel
Ward Bond
Sir Isaac Newton
Thomas Edison
Leonardo Da Vinci
Hannibal
King Louis XIII (France)
Vladimir Lenin

And some think that St. Paul had E, also.

J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1987 Jun; 50(6): 659–664.
PMCID: PMC1032067
St Paul and temporal lobe epilepsy.
D Landsborough

Evidence is offered to suggest a neurological origin for Paul's ecstatic visions. Paul's physical state at the time of his conversion is discussed and related to these ecstatic experiences. It is postulated that both were manifestations of temporal lobe epilepsy.

Full text

Last edited:
Alan Faneca -retired professional football player who first played for the NYJets and then played for the Arizona Cardinals has had epilepsy since he was 14 yrs. old. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Oh my quite a lot but when did the the lack of respect the shame that we made. To feel when that kick in

Back
Top Bottom