First fit at 21

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

New
Reaction score
Ihad finshed work for the day not feeling to well I came home and went to bed. I remember waking up in the amblance then i remember waking up in the hospital ward.
People there told me i had three fits just in the ward. I went for the eeg and found out i had epilepsy. They put me on dilantin where it has controled my fits. I haven't had a fit for ten years. I went on tuesday for a eeg to check it out as the drug is having a efect on my body.

Hi Scotty,

What type of effect is dilantin having on your body?

cheers,
Yve

Hi Scotty and Yve, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I hope your EEG was clear Scotty. One would hope 10 years with complete seizure control would be enough.

Best wishes to you in not having any more in another ten i wish i could make it ten hrs. many days.

Welcome to the forum, hope your eeg came out good and the dilantin is still working for you. If not good luck with your med change. I usually got a med change every 7-10 yrs.

GOOD LUCK
Riva

:hello: Scotty!

Good to have you here Mate!
I am just wondering if they have checked
your blood levels on a regular basis since
you're on Dilantin? And seeing you're from
the Great Land Down Under, I assume you
are taking Dilantin 280 twice a day (that
would be 250 mg x 2 = 500 mg daily in
US/CAN)? If I'm not wrong??

A lot of people are sensitive or have trouble
tolerating Dilantin (aka Phenytoin). And blood
level check are needed on a frequent basis.

Hope all works out for you and you've got
a good rap with your Neuro!

PS: I used to be on Dilantin/Phenytoin for a
very, very long time.

GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE MATE!

It has effect on om memory and slerd speech, sometime bad shakesans swollen hands. but i can't complain the drug is working. Some internet sites say that you can grow out of it if you had epilepsy when you where you young don't know how ture it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom