For My Mom - Contest From Regis and Kelly

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Kate

New
Reaction score
I was watching Regis and Kelly quite awhile ago and I saw they had a Mother's Day Contest. You had to write about your Mom's wish and why she deserves for "Live" to make it come true. I thought I'd share with you my entry. My mom really is the best woman in the world.. and she puts up with so much. I hope she wins! I think she has a good chance, because I be a lot of the wishes they get are for things that are really expensive, but my mom's wish isn't TOO complicating.. you'll see after reading. = ) And remember, there was a limit on how long it could be.. because I could go on for hours about how great my Mom is. hehe.

--------------------------------------------------------

My Mom never thinks of herself, so I have to admit, it was rather hard to figure out what a wish of hers would be. Anytime I asked her what her wish was, her answer was always "for you to be healthy." Eventually, I got a her real wish. My Mom, a classically trained music teacher, with an extremely beautiful voice, wishes to have the opportunity to sing with Josh Groban.

I have never been an easy child. From colic as a baby, to slipped discs in my lower back in high school, and unresolved whiplash leading to daily migraines, my Mom has had her hands full taking care of me. Two weeks to the day of graduating high school things took a turn for the worst, I was a passenger in a horrid car accident; a mother's worst nightmare. Instead of watching her daughter get ready to go off to college, my Mom had to help me recover from a debilitating wreck. My ankle was severely injured in the accident. To date, I have undergone two ankle surgeries, including joint fusion.

In July of 2007 I was diagnosed with epilepsy. Unfortunately, I am typing this in a cast, because I broke my wrist during a seizure the evening after my 20th birthday. My extremely strong Mom handles my seizures better than I could ever imagine. She takes care of me; through every test, through every hospital visit. She stays with me in the hospital, even if that means sleeping in a chair for an entire week. If I have to stay up 24 hours for a test, she does too. If if I cannot eat before a surgery or a test, she doesn't eat either. She's not just there for me, she fights my battles with me.

One would think, that dealing with a daughter as ill as I, would take up all of a woman's time. But Mom still has time for others. She is a teacher, choir director, secretary of the local theatre company, voice and piano instructor, sponsor of the Junior class at our High School (prom is entirely in her hands), and she still finds time to take care of me and spend time with my Brother and Dad.

Although these last two years have been so incredibly hard on me and my family, especially Mom and I, I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world. I am so lucky to have a Mom who has so much love to share, with me, and with others. I wouldn't be the strong, confident, and caring person I am today if it wasn't for my Mom. Live should make my Mom's dream come true, because she has worked so hard her entire life to make other peoples dreams come true, even if that means putting herself last.

Back
Top Bottom