Funny stuff paramedics say!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Wobblez

New
Reaction score
When 3 paramedics arrived to pick me up last night, I was still shaking and jerking. My face was all squished up into my shoulder because I couldn't relax my neck and back. I was slurring my words and a bit vague but I think I was "with it". I was DYING to go and have a wee but I couldn't sit up so I had to wait. As my flatmate helped me to the toilet, a bookcase suddenly became a paramedic (in my awareness!) and he scared the crap outta me! "Holy crap, we did you come from?" I said. The paramedics stayed in the loungeroom and called out to my flatmate "If she goes again while she's in the toilet, call an ambulance HAHA! :clap:

They also offered to radio ahead to advise the hospital of my AWESOME pj's. They are pink with a cartoon Chiwauwa on the front. They say "What chiwauwa lookin at?" Strict instructions NOT to cut these ones off! :pfft:

hahaha! aweoms EMTs you got!all mine said was
"Stop faking!!!! Your scaring you family!!!!!" -walks out the front door and drives away.

He will get what he deserves. They should always err on the side of caution, regardless of what it MAY look like!! Talk about negligence...

Haha okay huskymom, i'll try and track down a camera. Be prepared for extreme fantastically coolness though...better sit down.

Okay Huskymom, I can't work out how to upload directly into a post but if you go to my profile, i've created an album called Epilepsy memories and my PJ's and I are in there. Try this link http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/members/wobblez-albums-epilepsy-memories.html
Cool pyjamas lol

That's great the paramedics were so nice & had a great sense of humor.

I've only had to have an ambulance be called for my seizures 3 times, 2 of those times I don't actually remember riding in the ambulance but just remember waking in hospital & the other time I had just come out of a tonic clonic so was still pretty vague.

The 1st time I started taking seizures again I was really vague & had no idea what was going on when my neighbour rang the ambulance. No one knew what was wrong until after I was in hospital & had a grandmal seizure in front of my Mum. I am pretty sure that the paramedics who looked after me that 1st time came in later that day to see how I was. I was still pretty vague at that stage so didn't say much.

Last edited:
Awww how nice of them to come in and check on you later in the day =) I would really appreciate that, especially the good looking ones!

nice jammies !!

my favorite the one that is in the district of my apartment is a friend of the family,
like i had a crush on her when i was a teen and before i had epilepsy.

so I get stuff stuff like
"dont make me call your mother"
"have you eaten dinner"
"are you bleeding from anywhere strange"
and she will just hand me a hand full of gauze and tape and make me fix most minor stuff. she knows i have the training.
she also went into a burning building a few years back to get my bicycles out when i was out of town so she is awesome.

The 1st time paramedics were called for me (also my 1st TC seizure), my mother told me later they had asked her if I was "retarded", because by then I was in shock, running around. That was also 32 years ago. I didn't consider that so funny. Rather cruel, IMO.

My 1st ride to the ER @ the hospital was in a "Flight for Life" helicopter because that is when I suffered the burns from the seizure in the shower. I don't remember a much, except when I got to the hospital and all those people speaking at once.

I've since had paramedics come around on several occasions, but don't remember the conversation. Don't remember what they look like either.

My EMT felt the need to comment on my legs and the length of my dress as I laid in the hospital and was just waking up. It was strange but I was still kind of out of it so I didnt say anything.

Sorry, next time I'll make sure I'm not on a first date and wearing a cocktail dress when I seize...

Back
Top Bottom