Geomagnetic Data

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

137Alice

Pillar
Reaction score
Hi, everybody,
have anyone ever tried to see if there is a connection between seizures and geomagnetic data?Here is the site where I found a few interesting things. Perhaps it could be of use to somebody. The site is WDC for Geomagnetism, Kyoto. Have a look on the last week of august - for me that was an extremely bad time.
Alice

Hi Alice,

Take my word there sure is a connection between seizures and geomagnetic data and magnetic fields. Last week in August I had a lot of
seizures and whenever there's solar storm or meteor shower I always end up having seizures. Just like cell phones trigger seizures for me
The electromagnetic field they cause always put me into a seizure. My neuro even did an e.e.g. on me and purposely used his cell phone
but I didn't know it and each time he used his cell phone the spikes in the e.e.g went sky high. He showed me the results and I was very
surprised. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thank you Sue, I just wonder how many people know about the connection and check their seizure diary and geomagnetic data. Would be interesting to have some statistics!
Take care,
Alice

Link below is to an interesting article looking at ways that geomagnetic waves might play a role in increasing seizure activity. It also discusses ways that electromagnetic waves can potentially be used to treat epilepsy:

Hi Nakamova,

Thanks for sharing this website it is excellent. Some Drs. don't even understand how the geomagnetic waves can increase
seizures. I should share this with my Dr.
Wishing You Only the Best and May God Bless You!

Sue

OMG. I posted about this like 15 years ago and then again just recently because the new solar cycle, number 25, has just begun.

Each cycle is like a sine wave, spanning ~11 years, during which the sun's magnetic poles gradually flip. The number of sunspots determines where we are in the cycle (solar minimum or solar maximum), and each new cycle begins with a reversed-polarity sunspot, a stray one or two here or there sometimes a couple of years in advance of the official start of a new cycle. Solar cycle 24's sunspots were all - /+. Solar cycle 25's are +/-.

I could talk myself crazy here. Seriously. I know there is a connection. I also have a hunch pathogenic microorganisms that somehow find their way into the brain are involved. Perhaps oral bacteria. Bacteria contain magnetite. I know clonazepam stops me from gritting my teeth, but so does swishing Lugol's iodine around in my mouth. The mouthwash doesn't help my brain symptoms though. Can't make a 'brainwash'.

Check space weather dot com and also Google the 'SWPC Forecast Discussion' daily. (SWPC = Space Weather Prediction Center).

Once you get familiar with the first, the SWPC Forecast Discussion will make much more sense. Everything is in UTC time, so keep that in mind. The latter, SWPC Forecast Discussion, updates every 12 hours. Space Weather dot com updates daily, though they can get lazy, especially on weekends and holidays. So be sure to check a few days before and after a seizure for this reason. For instance, sometimes you won't find out a filament erupted until days later when a coronal mass ejection it hurled into space is ready to crash into earth's magnetic field.

Back
Top Bottom