Good Thoughts for SoCA Please

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
As I am sure you are all aware of what is going on in CA, but please take a moment to send some positive energy to all the people that have been displaced by the 16 fires that are being fought, as I write.
I am an hour away from flames, so I am very, very, safe. However the skies are tainted with smoke, and ash. My brother and also my niece have homes in the area, so they are waiting for the "call".

Please say thank you to your firefighters, as they are the true heros.

I was wondering just this morning how close you were to the fires. 1 hour isn't that much if the winds kick up. Fires can move fast.

Even so, please take care. All that smoke and soot is no fun to breath for long periods of time.

Luckily I live in what is considered the city. Smoke is pretty bad though.
Thanks for the kind thoughts.

I have some eBay Sellers who have
moved out already from Sana Ana fires
(is that how you spell it?) and some are
ready to move.

Hope you all stay safe!

Praying for rain!

It is the Santa Ana winds that are stirring things up Sharon, but there are 16 fires around the southern part of the state. Your sellers might be located in Orange County, as there is one in Irvine, and a few in San Diego County.

Perhaps if we all do a rain dance around the world it might have some effect. Lets hope the firefighters get some rest.

Robin,
Let us know how it goes for your brother and niece. Stay safe!

I've been hearing about this all day on the radio. My thoughts are with all who live there, and their families.

It did say that the fierce winds which are fanning the flames are forecast to weaken and be followed by cooling sea breezes, which in turn will give the firefighters a chance to drop more aerial waterbombs.

So, I'll keep my finger's crossed that this is gonna end real soon ;)

The fires north of me are almost contained. However south of me, they are 0% contained. Out of control. So many people displaced. Luckily they seem to be taken care of. Now if only we could send those firefighters some burgers...

Funny how we usually feel the wind around here too, but we haven't had much at all. It seems to be circulating around the San Gabriel basin. Very calm today, and the air is less filled with ash, which I would say is a good sign.

Robin, I will keep you and your family and all of California in our prayers. My brother is a Captain @ the Knoxville TN fire deptartment and he keeps this prayer in his locker and inside his helmet.

A Fireman's Prayer

When I am called to duty, God,

Whenever flames may rage;

Give me strength to save some life,

Whatever be its age.

Help me embrace a little child

Before it is too late

Or save an older person

From the horror of that fate.

Enable me to be alert

And hear the weakest shout,

And quickly and efficiently

To put the fire out.

I want to fill my calling

And to give the best in me

To guard my every neighbor

And protect his property.

And if, according to my fate,

I am to lose my life,

Please bless with your protecting

My children and my wife.

- Author Unknown

Please keep us posted and updated!
We don't get that much info over
here on this end...

Keep us posted!

Stay safe and calm as you can. Praying for relief for you guys......sheeEEESH!!!
I have some relatives in CA but not southern enouth to worry.
Peace

Stay safe and calm as you can. Praying for relief for you guys......sheeEEESH!!!
I have some relatives in CA but not southern enouth to worry.
Peace

Im praying for you all also.... I have many relatives in cali... Hemet riverside lots other places there also...

love angel

The air quality yesterday and again today is terrible, but my oh my, you should see the full moon. An incredible orange, and the sun when it is low in the sky is actually red.
I feel the air much cooler today, so hope they get a break.

Many only 30% contained this morning.

Angel I hope your relatives are okay.

Well all that smoke has moved into the Vegas Valley. It's so thick we cannot see Mt Charleston or the Spring and Black Mountains! Not even a breath of wind so it's just laying there!

All the windows are closed but my lungs are burning and my eyes are on fire and watering. Got my inhaler on the ready, looks like it's gonna be a LOOOOONG weekend.
smiley_186.gif

The air quality yesterday and again today is terrible, but my oh my, you should see the full moon. An incredible orange, and the sun when it is low in the sky is actually red.
I feel the air much cooler today, so hope they get a break.

Many only 30% contained this morning.

Angel I hope your relatives are okay.

I'm pretty sure they are all okay... at least we haven't heard any bad news as of yet.... my mom pretty much tells me whats going on when my aunt in Hemet calls.... her husband is a police officer ... & my aunt works at the hospital.... Ive not heard anything from my dads side of the family as of yet tho.....

Love angel

Well all that smoke has moved into the Vegas Valley. It's so thick we cannot see Mt Charleston or the Spring and Black Mountains! Not even a breath of wind so it's just laying there!

All the windows are closed but my lungs are burning and my eyes are on fire and watering. Got my inhaler on the ready, looks like it's gonna be a LOOOOONG weekend.
smiley_186.gif

I remember it being smoky in vegas when i was living there... some small fires started in the mountains I cant remember if it was by cali or not

the smoke was bad then i can imagine its really bad right now.....

news

Update: As of 11:45 a.m., fire officials say the Santiago fire has advanced to only about a half-mile from the Riverside County line, but no evacuations have been ordered in this county.

Flames would still need to travel some miles across through the Cleveland National Forest before it would become a threat to any largely populated areas in Riverside County. At that point, the Ortega Highway remains open.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10/26/news/californian/20_00_3910_26_07.txt

Back
Top Bottom