Google Health

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks, Robin!

This is cool, and I will definitely be using it!

I'm not a fan of the idea. It puts your personal medical information into a database that you have no control over (and less legal recourse for any abuses than a doctor's office that has laws regulating patient privacy).

Good point Bernard. I think I am going to make my own at home. At least have all info. in one spot to refer to. It is a great idea and maybe I can use their site as a guideline.

I thought about that, but I just don't feel so nervous about it. Of course I don't have a medical illness that could follow me to unknown places, that is why I am willing to try it for myself. I personally think the pluses for me outweigh the negatives.

I am more worried about all the people that know my social security number. It still is requested by schools as a form of ID.

My medical files right now are in so many offices. I have been more careful with Rebecca's but it still would be difficult to pull them all together quickly.

I do think that some of their descriptions of medical issues to be out of date, or not pulled together clearly.

I will probably test this out. At least, for the format.

It would be nice if this was a downloadable tool that you could keep up to date and then take on a memory stick to the doc who would have the same program.

Again, I like the idea of a consistent format.

Back
Top Bottom