Happy Mommy Moment

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

chop456

New
Reaction score
My daughter, Paige, does not like to talk about her Epilepsy diagnosis. I know she will eventually put herself out there and advocate for herself, for epilepsy and for those affected. But until then, I just encourage her when appropriate.

I happen to find an opportunity for her to write a short personal essay. And guess what - she did it. She mentioned all that she does in high school but what makes her special is that even with an epilepsy diagnosis she is just like any other teen and nothing will stop her. It was a big step for her to actually write this down and go "public" with it. I am a proud mommy!

And you should be.. so happy for you. It is not easy at any age to "own it" so she is ahead of many. You sound like the perfect Mom..letting her go at her own pace and not a mythical pace that seems to exist for just about everything in life.

Mary

It can be tough to be a teen with something "different" going on, and it's terrific (and a great credit to you) that your daughter now feels strong enough to let others know.

I did that for my school as a child and now I do it for my sons school since he has more difficulties. I remember reading my paper in front of the school. I was so proud. I still write. Do it for her.I am proud of her!Super!

That's awesome!! What a huge step for her!! You both should be very proud!

wicked!!!! Bless bet heart bet your beaming :-D :hugs:

Back
Top Bottom