Hello everyone! GEL from Illinois here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel61820

New
Reaction score
Good evening! :hello:

Came over to check out the site from the VNS Message Board. I was diagnosed at age 11 (38 years ago) with generalized and absence complex seizures. I have been lucky enough to have the generalized seizures medically controlled for the majority of my life, but the petit mals have always run wild, and now with my liver enzymes getting totally out of whack, I have had the VNS implanted on 07/20/07. I will be activated next Monday, 08/13/07, so as they have teased me at the VNS forum, I will then know what all the buzzing is about. :)

My hope is to be finally able to get the petit mal seizures at least somewhat controlled. They have increased in quantity (in excess of 100 per day) as I have gotten older, and when I am stressed, well, let's just say it is not a pretty sight... :roll: This smiley kinda looks like me when I am having petit mals, my eyelids flicker very rapidly... when I was younger, I was often asked if I was flirting...:brock: For some reason, no one asks that anymore!! :lol:

So that is my story and I'm sticking to it! Looking forward to checking out the site, Bernard. Thanks and have a great evening!

:rose:

Last edited by a moderator:
:hello:

We're glad you're over here where you can
be a star :star: and learn lots of things too!

:)

Hi Gel, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Nice to see another familiar "face". Jump right in and make yourself comfortable. :)

Hi Gel ~~ glad to meet you. Welcome aboard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom