Hello ladies and gents

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
My name is Marz.
I wanted to say that I was very happy that I came across your web site.
I was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 13. I had a head injury as a kid so I assume that that's what did it.
For a very, very long time I sort of ignored the fact that I had epilepsy. I guess in the back of my mind I was embarrassed that I did. When people describe your actions during a seizure it sounds like a scary deal.
I never felt like I was different but that didn’t stop me from thinking others would.
Not until I was in my 20’s did I start to come to terms with my condition. I am a very positive person with a great deal of support and will never again be embarrassed of ME.
So members, I look forward to getting to know you so we can all smile like we mean it :)

Welcome Marz

Glad you found us. This site is a keeper! Lots of great folks and info.:brock:

Hi Marz, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Better to deal with reality than live in fantasy IMO. :tup:

HI Marz: welcome ot the board ,I also hit my head as a child and than 6 months later had my first grand mal after lunch in school. I have epilepsy 41 yrs now and I never let it stop me from living my life to the fullest. Since 1 yr and half I I ran out of meds and started to see a homeopathy Dr . 2-3 weeks ago I started the Gard diet and dropped my last AED and I am getting to know me without meds. After 40 yrs on meds its odd to be without meds. Have any questions pm me or post a quiestion about the diet or homeopathy.

Riva

Hi Marz,
I wish my son would talk to peope like you whom have postive attitudes about themselves. Although my son is out going and very much my social one, I'm not sure he has 100% accepted that he may never get to drive again and will have to have modifications/strategies in his life to live a "normal" life. I told him about the site and hope that he will take a look at to see that he's not alone. He just brushes the idea off. Maybe as he continues to "mature" emotionally he will accept his disability.
Marian

:hello: Marz

Glad that you've wandered here. I
myself was in the same boat as you
were in quite frankly, was ashamed
and embarrassed about seizures and
Epilepsy. Partially because I didn't
know anyone who had it and everyone
wouldn't tell me anything about it and
of course I was scared; it was SCARY!
It took me many years to finally realize
to stop sweeping it under the carpet