hello luvvely people

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacers

New
Reaction score
hi im stacers im 16 and from the uk
i was diagnosedwith epilepsy when i was 15 althougth i had my first grand mal seizures when i was 11 however ive only ever had two of these as i have juvinile myoclonic epilepsy (did i spell that right???)any way some of the doctors i had didnt handle it very well at first they thought i had a brain tumor then one refused to admit i was epileptic and instead put me on tegretol (okay im bad at spelling) this actually made the epilepsy worse however when i got my third doctor a woman may i add she diagnosed me straight away and put me on epilim which in turn made me gain weight massivly so i changed to keppra which is actually brilliant however the last time i was at the hospital they discovered something about when i was little that is aparently interesting there has always been a pyscoscamatic question mark over my epilepsy as my dad died when i was young my doctor is positive that this has nothing to do with anything anyway the last time i was there we somehow got talking about migraines which i previously thought i had suffered from i described these as wierd squares of colours in one corner of an eye i would be drawn to lights on tvs but have no idea what i was doing i also had a wierd smell and taste it turns out these wierd episodes were actually seizures so it turns out i could have had epilepsy since i was about eight
thankfully now my epilepsy is under control however now the mental side of coping with the epilepsy is starting to kick in im finding more now that there are things i definatley cant do anymore

sorry for the very very very long intro
please feel free to send any advice
thankyou for reading

stacers :elephant:

Hi Stacers, welcome to the forum. :hello:

It's hard to find a doctor with good listening skills. Feel free to vent or join in any discussions you like here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom