hello out there!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

my name is lorrie :) everyone around me calls me angel though family and friends.. my seizures take the form of well, they are kinda like being psychic as i see visions.... and have lots of daja vu.... I know it sounds weird .... they are called Auras warning before a seizure; a simple partial seizure occuring within seconds before a complex partial

I have four healthy children all boys two dogs & my husband Dave:)

I didnt get much sleep lastnight so im kinda to tired to post alot today "eyes half open" Its nice meeting you all :)

Last edited:
Hi Lorrie, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Welcome Angel

This is a mighty fine place, LOTS of info and helpful people.

Hi Angel - Welcome
I am glad that your family is healthy, and I hope that you feel at home here.

:hello: Angel!

Glad you've stopped by! Be sure
to come back and visit often and
bring your family too!

:)

:)

thank you :lol:.. I'm happy to be here... & am ready to learn as much as i can about natural medicines for Epilepsy and other natural methods for treating seizures. I have Epilepsy, vesicoureteral reflux & spasmodic torticollis. Ive been in & out of hospitals since i was three for vur :( Im sick of having to take meds... Ive tried Kava Kava & passion flower with valerian for anxiety and my movement disorder which seems to help a little. I havent taken any since they put me on keppra & klnopin ... I need to ask someone about side effects.. I have to be

im still kinda sick upset stomach numbness in my face off & on all day... really tired, have a killer headache all day... :hi5: tomorrow's a NEW day! I hope you are all feeling fine?

Love
angel

You're welcome. More people see new introductions when they have their own thread than when they are buried deep in someone elses thread. :)

Angel - i can only imagine what it must feel like to take multiple meds. It really is sad that it has become the norm to choose this treatment as the first line of attack.
I hope that you feel better soon. Don't forget to drink your water.

Hello everyone,

my name is lorrie :) everyone around me calls me angel though family and friends.. my seizures take the form of well, they are kinda like being psychic as i see visions.... and have lots of daja vu.... I know it sounds weird .... they are called Auras warning before a seizure; a simple partial seizure occuring within seconds before a complex partial

I have four healthy children all boys two dogs & my husband Dave:)

I didnt get much sleep lastnight so im kinda to tired to post alot today "eyes half open" Its nice meeting you all :)

Hi Angel

Nice to meet you.

I'm not sure but the seizures you take sound a bit like the seizures I have. When I have a seizure I either get a funny feeling in my head near my forehead or I have a strage dream come into my head. Alot of the time I have had the dream the night before but have never remembered what it is about but just know it was different. When I have this strange dream come in my head I realise I am having a seizure or as I usualy call them one of my funny turns.

I think the dream is sort of a warning that I am about to have a seizure, I'm not sure how long my turns last but think they last a couple of mins. When I take a turn I usualy don't make sense when I talk whether it is verbally or on the puter and I might also do weird things.

Before I found this forum I thought I was the only one who had dreams when I took seizures but now I realise I'm not.

Hi Angel

Nice to meet you.

I'm not sure but the seizures you take sound a bit like the seizures I have. When I have a seizure I either get a funny feeling in my head near my forehead or I have a strage dream come into my head. Alot of the time I have had the dream the night before but have never remembered what it is about but just know it was different. When I have this strange dream come in my head I realise I am having a seizure or as I usualy call them one of my funny turns.

I think the dream is sort of a warning that I am about to have a seizure, I'm not sure how long my turns last but think they last a couple of mins. When I take a turn I usualy don't make sense when I talk whether it is verbally or on the puter and I might also do weird things.

Before I found this forum I thought I was the only one who had dreams when I took seizures but now I realise I'm not.

"your not alone" I think that alot of us who do have the weird and vivid visions with epilepsy dont say anything to anyone about it.... I didnt want to, I was afraid the neurologist was going to think I was :star:crazy. when he did an eeg he told me that I have some activity in my temporal lobes I cant remember which side he said it was on... do yours happen during the day?

the seizures are not always the vision ones sometimes i blank out and i also have movements lip smaking and movements with my hands I know about the hand movements because i was working on a real estate tour putting it together on the computer and deleted the file I was working on... then made 16 more of them ...when i came to i couldnt find the folder i was working on lol long story.... just a bunch of empty folders ... I was clicking but no one was home... the funny thing, ruth one of the realtors who i worked with was talking to me the whole time and didnt notice anything wrong... she said i just kept working on my computer ..lol

Angel - i can only imagine what it must feel like to take multiple meds. It really is sad that it has become the norm to choose this treatment as the first line of attack.
I hope that you feel better soon. Don't forget to drink your water.

Im feeling a little better I just started my mensteral and after reading lastnight about others having seizures before and after ive decided to start keeping track... So i can give the info to my neurologist.. If he will even look at it.. he seems tired .. I feel bad for him ive noticed he looks really worn out .... im not taking any septra or cipro at this time and its been about 4 months since ive had botox in my neck & spine... I'm just taking the keppra & klnopin ..
I still hate taking meds... somtimes the cure is worse than the health problem... I do like coffee SO you are right i must remember to drink lots of water.. thank you :)

Love
angel

sometimes the cure is worse than the health problem
I so agree with you here. I was reading that some anti-convulsants actually cause seizures is some folks.

For Rebecca, her cycle is a huge trigger. You need to look at the whole cycle though, and how the highs and lows of each hormones can fluctuate. I doubt if your neuro will be on top of this. More likely your GYN would be able to help you to understand when the surges and drops are.

For Rebecca, one doctor had her take her temp each morning and chart it. That way with a blood test they were able to tell that she was not producing progesterone. When you only have Estrogen blasting the brain it is a Neuro-excitor (I believe that is the term). Progesterone calms the brain. You might have your hormone levels checked.
My migraines are also hormonally triggered ... but then again, when I am good about my supplements I don't have migraines any more.
Not only supplements, I use a bio-identical hormone estrogen and progesterone. Rebecca only uses the progesterone.
Our blood is checked each year.

Last edited:
Welcome & Story

Angel,

Welcome to the forum. It's very nice here, and the people are wonderful. I do have an interesting story for you about my "de ja vu" experiences.

I had 13 seizures in 24 hours and spent Thanksgiving Week in the ER. I was pulled up by a white light shaped like an upside down triangle. I could see my body on the table. I could see my heart machine had flatlined. I could see my father sitting there crying, saying, "You're not allowed to die! Your my baby girl!" It was then I put myself back into my body. My father had confirmed all that happened.

That same time frame, I had a dream that I was at my own funeral. I saw the church with the red carpet in which we attended my granmother's funeral (in Luisiana). I saw certain flower arrangements, a pastor wearing white robes with light blue ribbons to the floor. The man had grey and white hair, clean cut, and was saying certin psalms. The small church was filled and my casket was facing verticlly toward the attendees. I sat up and told them I wasn't dead, and woke up.

Three days later, my uncle called and said my cousin had died. He had been stationed at Fort Polk, Luisiana. I was very close to him and lived with his family for over a year, as a kid. At the funeral, it was a small church with red carpet (typical, I thought), but then there were the same flower arrangements, (arranged in the same way), the same pastor, same hair, same robes, same psalms. The casket was in the same place and when I stood to leave, the church was full. I had told my Uncle and my husband (and several others)about all this the night before. At the back of the room, my uncle and I looked at each other. He almost lost his balance the first time I told him. This time he was in shock. My cousin's wife will not speak to me now... I'm the family weirdo. My father says I need to put my shingle out. ha ha.

Angel,

Welcome to the forum. It's very nice here, and the people are wonderful. I do have an interesting story for you about my "de ja vu" experiences.

I had 13 seizures in 24 hours and spent Thanksgiving Week in the ER. I was pulled up by a white light shaped like an upside down triangle. I could see my body on the table. I could see my heart machine had flatlined. I could see my father sitting there crying, saying, "You're not allowed to die! Your my baby girl!" It was then I put myself back into my body. My father had confirmed all that happened.

That same time frame, I had a dream that I was at my own funeral. I saw the church with the red carpet in which we attended my granmother's funeral (in Luisiana). I saw certain flower arrangements, a pastor wearing white robes with light blue ribbons to the floor. The man had grey and white hair, clean cut, and was saying certin psalms. The small church was filled and my casket was facing verticlly toward the attendees. I sat up and told them I wasn't dead, and woke up.

Three days later, my uncle called and said my cousin had died. He had been stationed at Fort Polk, Luisiana. I was very close to him and lived with his family for over a year, as a kid. At the funeral, it was a small church with red carpet (typical, I thought), but then there were the same flower arrangements, (arranged in the same way), the same pastor, same hair, same robes, same psalms. The casket was in the same place and when I stood to leave, the church was full. I had told my Uncle and my husband (and several others)about all this the night before. At the back of the room, my uncle and I looked at each other. He almost lost his balance the first time I told him. This time he was in shock. My cousin's wife will not speak to me now... I'm the family weirdo. My father says I need to put my shingle out. ha ha.

Ive had things like that happen too.... I guess im my familys weirdo ;) arnt they seizures though... the ones that actually come true? I think you know what i mean? :oops: Or coincidences? my father seems to be the only one who understands whats going on... he keeps telling me he knows what im going through....

im confused

Love angel

stacy I wanted to cry when i read your post I think we are alot alike in some ways except I havent had gm's

"your not alone" I think that alot of us who do have the weird and vivid visions with epilepsy dont say anything to anyone about it.... I didnt want to, I was afraid the neurologist was going to think I was :star:crazy. when he did an eeg he told me that I have some activity in my temporal lobes I cant remember which side he said it was on... do yours happen during the day?

the seizures are not always the vision ones sometimes i blank out and i also have movements lip smaking and movements with my hands I know about the hand movements because i was working on a real estate tour putting it together on the computer and deleted the file I was working on... then made 16 more of them ...when i came to i couldnt find the folder i was working on lol long story.... just a bunch of empty folders ... I was clicking but no one was home... the funny thing, ruth one of the realtors who i worked with was talking to me the whole time and didnt notice anything wrong... she said i just kept working on my computer ..lol
I usualy take my seizures in the day time, quite often when I am on my own. I have also had the turns in front of friends, family or work collegues and while talking on the phone or on msn messenger.

I quite often have the same sort of weird dreams in my sleep, the weird dreams dont usualy make much sense. Some mornings I might wake up with a headache or feel tired for most of the day even though I didn't sleep that bad. Most of the times if I have a turn in the day I have had a 'strange' dream the night before.

I'm actualy been starting to wonder if when I have these 'strange' dreams in my sleep if I am actualy having a seizure. I am going to ask my neuro about it next time I see him.

I've noticed if I did tell anyone that i have dreams or feel weird in the head they don't understand what I mean. even when I 1st told my neuro about the strange dreams before my turns he'd ask me to describe the dreams. I could never describe the dreams because I could never remember them.

The seizures I usualy take are when I get the dreams and funny feelings in my head. I have done alot of weird things from not making sense when I talk, trying to whole punch something using a stapler & taking a shower real early in the morning and a few other things.

I also keep a record of any seizures that I take so when I do see my neuro I can let him know what's been going on because I know I can't rely on my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom