Hello

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashasmom

New
Reaction score
Hi my name is Renee and my daughter Sasha (3) has been diagnosed with complex partial seizures. She started out having febrile seizures @ 17 months. She's had three. Then this June, she started having epileptic seizures She's had three of these also. She's been on Depakote which made her extreamly violent. Triliptal which didn't seem to work very well & she's now on Keppra (not too sure that it's working either).
There aren't any places where we live that have support groups so my husband and I are at a loss because none of our friends can truly understand what we are going through.
Sorry for rambling. Any support would be greatly appreciated

Welcome Renee!....

You have come to a good place. People here are friendly and have good information. There are members who are parents of children with epilepsy here...I'm sure you will hear from them soon! Ask them questions and get to know their situations...you will probably find some help!

Peace
:rock:

Hi Renee, welcome to the forum. :hello:

We know what you are going through. The journey to find seizure control can be long and stressful, but don't give up.

snowman_7.gif

Welcome Renee

You will have to be your own advocate searching out support and information. Most doctors just don't take the time to explain things and I think some just want us to take our meds, go home and be quiet.

This site is an excellent starting point. I visit many sites on a daily basis and serveral others weekly, some I just pop in once in a while, with the exception of my own site, I spend most of my time here.

Friendly folk, tons of info and a place to get cozy! You'll like it here

Renee - Welcome
My daughter Rebecca has been having seizures for the past 1.5 yrs. She is 16 now.
We are searching for some relief as well. She has had two TC episodes just this week.
Frustrating to say the least.

We all understand what you are dealing with, so I hope you find some good information here that you can use.

how often are these spells. got a four year old with same occurances but havent put him on meds yet. leonard

Thank you all for welcoming me. It's nice to know that there's somewhere I can go to vent where people truly do understand what we're going through. It's getting a bit hard to have to explain everything over and over to those who don't. Especially having to try medication after medication to find the right one.

:hello: Renee!

Welcome to CWE and Birdy's right on the
dead-center bulls-eye on that post! Stick
around and hang around, and you'll learn
even more and meet folks too!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom