Hello

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jojop4

New
Reaction score
Hello All. This is my first post as It was confirmed only today that I am experiencing seizure activity. Curious if others have similar seizures?
Only occur at night just prior to falling asleep. Feels like the power goes out momentarily in my brain. Lasts only a second or so but recurs a couple times before I fall asleep. I am aware of it happening. EEG was positive for seizure activity, MRI negative.

jojop4

Welcome to C.W.E. a place where we all understand or try with no judgement.

Hi Jojop4,

Welcome to CWE! A few yrs. ago I found out through a sleep study that I was having seizures in my sleep these are called myoclonic seizures. The seizures will happen when I go to bed and when I wake up. My Epileptologist put me on vimpat and this type of seizure stopped.
You may want to ask your Dr. to do a sleeps study on you along with an e.e.g. and e.k.g. to see if you are having seizures in your sleep also. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Jojop4, welcome to CWE!

Mostly I get tonic-clonic seizures, but I have experienced something similar to you during the day -- it's as if someone flipped the power switch on and off. It's brief and I know that it has happened because I lose my train of thought.

Do you experience the seizures every evening or just now and then? If you don't already, considering keeping a journal of your seizures so you can look for possible patterns and triggers. More about being proactive can be found here: http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f22/proactive-prescription-epilepsy-1254/

Back
Top Bottom