Hello!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

HumbleDeer

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey!

I'm Anna. I'm a hybrid Australian-Belgian, I live in Belgium (Bruges, of all places.)

I have epilepsy, surprisingly. I'd been having seizures for a long time, but due to an unfortunate way of living never managed to get appropriate help. Now that I'm an adult I can finally start taking care of myself.
I have complex partial seizures of some kind that seem to be multi-focal. Hypothesis is that my "sets" or "clusters" of symptoms exist because of the nature of the possibility of my seizures being multi-focal. I am lately having more TC's after an ER visit with an immensely bad series/cluster of CP's and an extreme "this is not good" feeling. I was scheduled to have an EEG and MRI the day after, but the hospital managed to lose my patient file because of a name change I had. Currently have lorazepam (Temesta) as a medicine in case I get another set of these cluster partials that shouted "BAD!"

I'm what I would call an Epilepsy Warrior. I work with some people at Epilepsy Action UK to maintain a community on Discord (I am there a lot) and provide support to people with not only epilepsy but also mental health issues.

I was recently discharged after a year and a half long inpatient at a psychiatric unit, and more than three years of being inpatient, for DID and C-PTSD. I am better now, despite not being healed. I can cope.

Questions? Shoot!

Cheers

Hi Anna, welcome to CWE!

Make yourself at home. Can't recommend the coffee here, but the members are tops. :)

Hi Anna,
Welcome to CWE! Just like you I've had absence and complex partial seizures for 48 yrs. along with brain surgery to reduce
the seizures. I have found that the thing that helped me more than anything was the medical marijuana (cbd) my neuro told me
to start using it and after I did the seizures dropped to the lowest in my life even after brain surgery which only reduced the seizures.
Another thing I do is put coconut oil on my skin once a day and this in turn makes ketones for my body like the ketogenic diet for
epilepsy.
Just like you I also work with people with neuro, emotional or learning disabilities. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi, and welcome! I went to Bruges a couple of years ago, it's a beautiful place. Heading there next month for my birthday too :D Any excuse for a decent waffle and beer xD

Hi Anna, welcome to CWE!

Make yourself at home. Can't recommend the coffee here, but the members are tops.
I'll make tea!
Hi Anna,
Welcome to CWE! Just like you I've had absence and complex partial seizures for 48 yrs. along with brain surgery to reduce
the seizures. I have found that the thing that helped me more than anything was the medical marijuana (cbd) my neuro told me
to start using it and after I did the seizures dropped to the lowest in my life even after brain surgery which only reduced the seizures.
Another thing I do is put coconut oil on my skin once a day and this in turn makes ketones for my body like the ketogenic diet for
epilepsy.
Just like you I also work with people with neuro, emotional or learning disabilities. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
I also have absences, but tend to forget I have them. Exquisite fun. I've been diagnosed with absences for a much longer time than the complex partials.
Hi, and welcome! I went to Bruges a couple of years ago, it's a beautiful place. Heading there next month for my birthday too Any excuse for a decent waffle and beer xD
I have nothing good to recommend. I avoid sugars and alcohol, no bueno. :)

Back
Top Bottom