Hiddy Ho!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just wanted to pop in and let you all know I'm still alive and kicking (literally) Sorry I have been away so long, but I usually visit on my cell phone, and that busticated last month so I have been without mobile internet for quite sometime. Plus with starting a new job, trying to find a new apartment and alot of other activities that are filling my spare time, I havent had much time to get on the net.

My seizures havent been any better. They fluxuate between getting better and getting worse. I still only have TCs during my sleep now (aside from 1 in the last 2 months that was awake.) I still have no neuro, no doctor willing to listen or help. I still have no drivers license yet the neuro claimed I was fine. I want to start family planning, but I want to be seizure free for at least a year before I have children. Its so hard to not be frustrated the last little while.

Chad was layed off of work end of february. so he has been off for a month. on EI. Starts school on April 10th until end of May. Then we move June or July 1st (on a waiting list) and its just all so freaking frustrating.

I have been staying away from here as well because I became upset about having E brought up everyday. I just needed to not worry about other people, and look after myself for a while.

Just wanted yall to know.

Hi Rae! I'm glad to get the update, but sorry that things haven't improved a ton on the health front. Are you and Chad moving someplace where there will be better access to health care? Are the folks at your new job understanding about e?

No, we are staying in Winnipeg, just moving to a new apartment. Ours is slated to have everyone kicked out so they can renovate it

I have been staying away from here as well because I became upset about having E brought up everyday. I just needed to not worry about other people, and look after myself for a while.

Just wanted yall to know.

Glad to hear from you again, Rae, but sorry to hear you're still having those seizures and no doctor. I get that way sometimes when I need to stay away from this website and others. I don't need to hear about other's and their struggles with seizures or other issues when I'm having just as many problems myself.

For now, you need think about Rae and Chad. Hang in there!

It's good to hear from you Rae,
Sorry to see you're still having seizures & have a few things going on.
Good luck with the apartment hunting.

Sorry to hear things haven't gotten better Rae.

Thanks though for checking in, I've been wondering how you've been doing.

Yeah i've not been around much for pretty much the same reason.

Good to hear from you though :)

Best of luck to you and Chad. I hope he is able to find a job soon. How is your new job going?

Back
Top Bottom