[News] holy **** lamotrigine?!?!?!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

That is actually a very good question qtowngirl so I went and looked at my packets and containers, I see exactly what you mean. I will be ringing my pharmacist tomorrow, wounder what the reason is for not putting that information on. Thanks for the heads up.

lol liam well i guess it would explain our heads ey ;)

(not that i think this is funny i'm going nuts cuz it's sunday here and my pharm is closed :eek:)

That is messed up!!

Qt, I did a slight edit to the title of your post. Some little eyes might be reading..:)

qtowngirl

I always wondered what was on my shoulders, like you said qtowngirl I now know what that thing on my shoulders is, we have to try laugh. Still not funny though.

I take Lamotrigine. is it just in Canada. The pharmacy is probably the place to start. The problem is know which manufacturer who made your med. I guess I'll be doing some research on this

pita, seeing as how canada was notified by europe i wouldn't think so.
just so happens it's a canadian article i found, but being made in india i would bet they're scattered everywhere.

I just took a look at my lamotrigine, but I couldn't find the tag on the pill that says "made in India." :) However, the bottle says the pills are from "Zydus Pharmaceuticals", which apparently has locations in New Jersey, Tennessee and...Ahmadabad, Vadodara, and Ankleshwar, India. Hmm.

I wonder what the problem is with the pills.

lamotrigine recall

okay..... the lowdown on the lamotrigine

it appears the machines that manufacture the pills weren't cleaned in between products, so there's concern of trace amounts of antibiotics on the lamot and other meds. one of the antibiotics (clindamycin) can cause allergic reaction so they pulled them voluntarily.
my pharm thankfully only deals with a canadian company and never did with any of the companies in question (Cobalt Pharmaceuticals, Laboratoire Riva, Mylan Pharmaceuticals and Sanis Health). if you take lamotrigine double check with your pharm that they don't/haven't either.

Since being put on this shortly after my accident and taken off epilim this lamotragene has ruined my life i have gone from one seizure every 12 months to at least 1 a week my whole life is going down the pan because of this trash

Back
Top Bottom