How long did it take you to get over side effects?

How long did it take you to get over most or all side effects for your medication?

• What side effects? I've felt perfect since day 1.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One week

• One month

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Three months

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Six months

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • One year

• More than a year

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Some side effects got better or went away, some didn't

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • The side effects are worth getting rid of seizures

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • The side effects are worse than seizures - it's not worth it

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'll let you know when I get over them. I started Keppra about 2 months ago and still seem to have a "new" side effect pop up each week.:ponder: Fortunately I haven't run into the "Kepprage" just yet, maybe just a tad but I can live with it.

Neil

took about 6 months I still have the sleepyness but I don't think that will ever go away

31 years and counting.
Same side effects as I've always had but getting a little more frequent now as I'm getting older. It's better than seizures.

I've gotten used to them and have learned to live with them ~ No probs.

Randy

Not a fan of any of the side effects. I kinda miss the way I felt last time I went off my meds. But I am aware that it was a really poor choice. and didn't enjoy just how often I found myself lying in ditches or new emergancy rooms.

it is always funny when i tell people "oh and anger management issues," and see the looks on their faces. It is of course a relative thing in response to my usual demeanor, but since I am use to it. it is only an issue to me.

With one of the meds I did't eat at all. With another all I did was eat. After a few months of these the neuro changed the med or the dosage ammount (don't remember which it was).

I am still tired from them. I have to take my nap in the afternoon.

My Side Effects

I have personally never fully gotten rid of the side effects of my meds.

I am currently on a coctail of Depakoate, Phenobarbital and Tegretol, since the age of 16. I am 45 now.

My main side effects is drowsyness. That is about it.

That would

depend on the med. I'm on 4 of them for my E. Different times for each one.....

What an annoyance. But, it could be worse........

Just a quick informative note,epi added zonergran to my trileptal and it takes away my appetite!!!YAY!!! After all that weight I gained on lyrica last year.Ive also had continuous headaches from trileptal and he told me zonergran would help--IT DID--second day in barely a pressure ache--I am so happy

Back
Top Bottom