How to kill time?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
I had a brain surgery nearly 2 years ago. I'm 24 and I'm stuck at home in a wheelchair. I'm in therapy so I can walk again. Any ideas on how to kill time, right now I watch YouTube and Netflix. Any better ideas? Because days are dragging.

I had a brain surgery nearly 2 years ago. I'm 24 and I'm stuck at home in a wheelchair. I'm in therapy so I can walk again. Any ideas on how to kill time, right now I watch YouTube and Netflix. Any better ideas? Because days are dragging.

Aside from Netflix and YouTube, there's Amazon Prime and Hulu. There are also free streaming services like Showbox and Kodi. I also use Kindle and read, though sometimes I want a hardcover. There's Audible if you want the story told to you; sometimes you can get books in author or celebrity voices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gaming is a good one, you wouldn't believe how much time that takes up, especially when you really get stuck into a story lol. Of course, if you're photosensitive, that could be an issue with some games.

What about painting, reading... you could take up an online course and work towards a new qualification or learning something new. Or learn a language or something.

I'm having somewhat of the opposite problem at the moment, never seem to get enough time to chill with a game or film >.<

Hi finalpoet,

One thing I like to do is go on line and do Brain Teasers they are riddles that are so simple they are hard. Give it a try just type in Brain Teasers. My neurosurgeon also told me it betters a persons memory.
See if you can figure this one out: Can 12 + 12 = 12 (all you do is add and there's no negative numbers)

Good Luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

I find myself killing time listening to music & playing Tetris here:

http://www.tetris24.com/

But I just don't do simple line by line. I make perfect stack on both sides. Then move inwards. Once I get it high enough, I work my way down. I repeat the process, as the blocks come even faster. Give it a try, your mind will get a good workout. :)

I play a computer card game called Spider Solitaire and have it set on the hardest setting that I can. I love a good challenge and this gives me one. It helps me some.

Ever hear that the older one gets the faster time seems to fly? It Sure does for me. It seems like I was just young and now I'm pushing 60. So be careful what you wish for. That being said once I get on the internet time flies fast.

I read and do variety puzzle books that have more than just word searches and crossword puzzles in them. In the winter I'll crochet because I usually have yarn on my lap and it's too hot to do in the summer. When I was just a kid my grandma taught me how to do it but only showed me basic patterns. I've downloaded more difficult patterns off the internet to do now. People love getting blankets, scarves, hats and all sorts of other things I make for Christmas and birthdays.

I enjoy doing different types of word puzzles to pass the time. My favorite are "fill-ins", which are like a crossword puzzle in reverse. You're given a word list, & have to figure out where the words fit.

"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity..." -- Henry David Thoreau

:)

Audiobooks can be a good way to fill the spaces.

For me it's music. You can find endless music on YouTube, Spotify or Amazon. There's tons of good music to collect. You could even try learning to play an instrument like the keyboard and making your own music. I've never had the motivation for that though.

Back
Top Bottom