I ate something I shouldnt have...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
So I woke up to a complex partial at about 1:30am this morning. It was a long one chad said, but I came out of it pretty decent. I told him I was hungry so he went into the kitchen to make me some soup. By the time he was done, he said he was on his way back and heard me screaming and crying.

He came in to find me with a tube of Rub A535 (muscle cream) all over my face and in my mouth. yelling that it burned and that it didnt taste like a candy cane. (it smells minty) He made me rinse my moouth. I apparently said I swallowed some (I know I did because my stomache and throat still burn) and he tried to get me to puke by making me drink water and baking soda,

So now I cant be left alone for any period of time because I worried him. ARGH!

Oh dear... are you feeling any better now? Trying to be sick would maybe only cause more damage if it burns on the way out.

Oh, I'm so sorry Rae. I hope you feel better soon. Is this the first time you've eaten something inappropriate during a seizure?

Oh, I'm so sorry Rae. I hope you feel better soon. Is this the first time you've eaten something inappropriate during a seizure?

Yeah. Haven't really done a whole lot during seizures. I've hit and bit. Taken off clothes and tried to go for a walk. But nothing quite to this scale. Made me worried that what if it was tylenol or drain cleaner etc?

I think Endless has taken steps to protect against doing something similar -- maybe you could check with her for advice.

Oh yeesh Rae. If it ain't mirrors, it's Rub A535.

Things are really going around in circles for you right now, eh?

I'm sorry to hear that Rae.. I hope you're feeling better now..

Oh, Rae. I'm so sorry. That sounds like it really hurt.

I ate dog food during a complex partial. Not life threatening, but not fabulous, either. I had residue in my mouth, but since I'd never tasted dog food before I wasn't sure that was it. Smelling inside the bag corked it.

Afterwards I put anything I didn't want in my mouth on a bottom shelf, or in my locked pantry. I figure I'm much less likely to bend over and get it during a seizure. I hadn't thought of the bathroom, though. Sounds like I'd better do it in there, too.

Did any of the stuff go all the way into your stomach? Are you okay now?

Last edited:
OUCH..YUCKY!!

My husband's worse seizures were complex partials as he would look/act psychotic and folks didn't understand it was a seizure.

GOOD thing was after he got his VNS implanted..you would just take the magnet and place it over the VNS pacemaker inside his chest wall..and WHALLAA..seizure ended. It worked for all seizures...only folks forget to USE it.

Yikes what on earth gets rid of that ointment? Thats one for poison control to tell us..I am sure they would know. Do you have a poison control # to call?

Better days my dear.. YEAH Chad for such good care~

Jan

Hi Rae,

Have you considered keeping cleaning supplies and other toxins in a cabinet with a combination lock, just in case?

So now I cant be left alone for any period of time because I worried him. ARGH!

You are very lucky to have someone around who cares enough to annoy you.

Sorry about the seizure Rae. :e:

Back
Top Bottom