I found something that works!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
Okay, after a very long itme with a migraine/headache that would increase and decrease in strength I have found something that works wonders.

Its called Feverfew Leaf? I found it in the vitamin section after going in to see the pharmasist and begging him to find me something that works. He said he used Feverfew. So I bought it and tried it out. and it worked. within the hour I was headache free!!

Anyone else try this stuff?

My "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" book says that feverfew contains beta-carotene, parthenolide(?), santamarin(?), calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, Vitamin C, and Vitamins B1, B2 and B3. So maybe some of those elements are helping you out? Others have definitely reported migraine benefits from magnesium.

The book goes on to say that feverfew combats inflammation and muscle spasms, relieves nausea and vomiting, and promotes appetite, and is good for arthritis, colitis, fever, headaches and MIGRAINES, cramps, muscle tension, and pain.

It cautions that it shouldn't be used during pregnancy, or with blood-thinning meds, and not if you are also regularly taking over-the-counter painkillers.

Anyway, whatever it works, right! I'm so glad Rae.

p.s. The book is a great reference manual. My sister-in-law -- who is a doctor -- gave it to me, and she'll make recommendations from it to some of her patients.

Last edited:
I'm glad it works for you Rae! I think I'll pick some up myself.. if it helps with headaches especially... I'm taking 2-4 Advil daily.

Rae,

I'm so glad feverfew worked for you! Hooray! :)

If you ever want to try out another herb, here's a link to a site that reviews the safety of herbal supplements for epilepsy patients. It doesn't list feverfew, but does mention a large number of others. It mentions any medication conflicts, and/or tendancy to increase seizures.
http://pcs.hmc.washington.edu/Epilepsy/EpiInfo/CAM.html

Back
Top Bottom