I Got Accepted To College Today!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Kate

New
Reaction score
I left my last University on a Medical Withdrawal so I have to admit I was a little worried this college I applied to wouldn't let me in.. anyway, today, they got my transcripts, I got the phone call, and I am officially in! I start taking classes in January!

:clap:

I don't have to go through the normal orientation most people go through because the woman admitting me was very understanding of my medical conditions. I also don't have to take placement testing like most students because my SAT scores were very high and I tested out. :woot:

My degree is in business administration and I'm doing it entirely online. Next semester I can't take a full load of courses since I'll be having SO many doctor appointments, so it'll take me longer than the normal 18 months it takes most people.. but I'm just proud of myself for going back.

When I left my University everyone said "once you leave you won't come back." Even though I was very ill, no one seemed to understand that I had no choice but to drop out.

I'm just so proud of myself for going back. = ) I register for classes Monday at 2:30 PM. I have an epidural on my lower back that morning, but it's in the same town, so I'm going to go have my epidural done, than go sleep at my Grandparents during the day, and than go register for my classes.

I couldn't be much more excited right now.

:wave:​

Awesome Kate!.....

Good to hear that great news!

Good luck...and keep it comin'!
:rock:

Thats great news Kate. I wish you all the luck & hope you go well with it.

Doesn't your school year start 1/2 way in the year when you have your summer after your summer break? Is it the same with college aswell?

Over here in Australia School year finishes about the week before Christmas & the schools have about 6 weeks of for their summer holidays. School usualy returns late January.
I've never been to University (College).We also have TAFE which is a bit like University but good for the people who couldn't afford University or didn't have the marks to get into University. TAFE starts either end of January or beginning of February. You can either do 1 semester which is half a year or 2 semesters which is the whole year.

Hey Kate,

That is awesome news. I am very happy for you. I love school. I have recently applied to the one-year accelerated BS in Nursing program at SUNY Stony Brook. Although my grades are good, the progam is very competitive and hard to get in to. It makes me nervous everytime I think about it. Anyway, congratulations again, and I wish you the very best of luck

Ron

At the school I'm attending, you can start at any semester you want. There are three semesters, Fall (which starts in August), Spring (which starts in January), or Summer (which starts in July).

For me, most of my classes will start January 14th. = ) The school I am going to, you can get a degree in 18 months. The way most people do is as follows

Two Spring semesters (total of four months)
Two Fall semesters (total of four months)
Two Summer semesters (total of two months)
= 18 months all together.
:scholar:
Now for me, it'll probably take about 24 months, if not longer, because I plan on working full-time once I'm able to drive.

Last edited:
That's great Kate! :clap: :mrt:

At the school I'm attending, you can start at any semester you want. There are three semesters, Fall (which starts in August), Spring (which starts in January), or Summer (which starts in July).

For me, most of my classes will start January 14th. = ) The school I am going to, you can get a degree in 18 months. The way most people do is as follows

Now for me, it'll probably take about 24 months, if not longer, because I plan on working full-time once I'm able to drive.

If you do a full year of TAFE there are 4 terms (which are the same as a school term). Term 1 is either end of January or early February until April. Term 2 is April until July. Term 3 is July until end of September. Term 4 is early October until end of November. It probably varies for each state & this is based on New South Wales which is the state I live in. There is a 2 week holiday between each term.

If you only enrol for 1/2 a year then Semester 1 is terms 1 & 2 & Semester 2 is terms 3 & 4.

That is WONDERFUL !! Congratulations!!

a96c2418.gif

congrats.gif

Congrats! I have had good experiences with online colleges. You mailorder the books, do the work online and avoid all the dormitory parties. I went to a regular college. My first year was rough because of a bad roommate. My remaining time there was much better. Some online colleges offer very flexible schedules. I know of one that required students to log on their system a specific number of hours in a week and participate in discussions. Each college is different. I picked one that was also in my time zone.

W
O
N
D
E
R
F
U
L
!
!
!

:clap: :woot: :clap:

Not only do you deserve a congratulations (and I cannot do this in the font, color, or size I would like), you also deserve a lot more. Like straight A's, and two years without any hassles from "E."
Someone recently suggested I go back to school. I had to bite my tongue.
"Sure, who's going to pay for it?"
I am hopeful for the new year, but I am also not betting money on it.
R 97

Hey Kate,

Just thought I let you know I was accepted to the One Year Accelerated BS in Nursing program at SUNY Stony Brook. I received the acceptance letter yesterday. It starts in July and I'm really excited about it. Congratulations again on your acceptance to college.
The best of luck to you and stay healthy..

Ron

Wonderful News Ron!
Where would we be without nurses? Especially ones that have had experience being patients.
We are going to have to have a grad party for the two of you.

Back
Top Bottom