i neednt have worried!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the right place - so feel free to move it if its not...

One of the fisrt things i told my boyfriend when we started going out was that i had epilepsy. I thought he should prob know something like that. He was great about it, he did research and got leaflets and asked questions. Really wanted to know how he could look after me if i had a seizure etc.
He has been absolutely amazing about everything.
He has been with me when ive had absences and drop seizures (and has got quite good at catching lol!) but until last night he hadnt seen a full TC.
Well last night i ended up with the paramedics coming and taking me for a ride - prob not the best way to see me having a TC for the 1st time!
I freaked out when i came round and bled everywhere from falling when i went.
my housemate said i had a cluster and it was scary (she has known me since we were kids and its not new to her).

Carl waited with me at a and e, he didnt leave me the whole time, i am certain he was really freaked out about it but he didnt let it show.
I was worried about him seeing me have a big seizure and how he would react but i neednt have bothered because he was amazing.

i guess that some things just arent worth worrying about lol!

It's great to have a great caretaker, someone who can be as proactive as you are about your health and well-being. Sounds like he's a keeper!

Yeah...I totally know how you feel. :) I went through the same thing when my hubby and I were courtin... :)

Yeah...I totally know how you feel. :) I went through the same thing when my hubby and I were courtin... :)

it just makes things a little easier! One less thing to worry about etc.
Makes me feel that little bit safer too when im with him cause i really know i can rely on him to look out for me :)

Sounds like you have a good man there. Definitely hang on to him. I myself am married to some one with E and I've come to accept it. We've been together 10 years now and I certainly wasn't going anywhere when she got diagnosed early this year. It's taken me a LONG time (7 months) to get over seeing her have a T-C for the first time, but I'm in a pretty good place now with it all.

It's sort of like anything else in life. The progression holds pretty true. Initial shock followed by the "Why me?" bits, followed by the anger/sadness of it all, and finally just acceptance and moving on. Some people get through it easier, some take a bit longer.

I know for a while it was really hard on me and my wife, but at this point we both realize it's simply another thing for us to make it through together. If anything it's brought us closer. I really enjoy going to the neuro and GP with her. She likes having me there for support as well. All in all, it's a small blessing in disguise that all this has transpired.

Back
Top Bottom