Icebergs (aka MILs)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
* 4:30PM * Mother in Law expressing displeasure * Jerked

Hmmm... subconsious response?....repressed feelings result...secret desire to backhand those who give unsolicited comments...coincedense?*

Man, that's a detailed log book!

*Sorry.......being an
jackass.jpg

lol... you're stratching the surface of an iceberg there.... remember that 90% of icebergs lie hidden below the surface....

Ice berg my great Aunt Fannie!

I have the mother-in-law from HELL! Hollywood gets their ideas about mother-in-laws from her! And they have to tone it down! Just the thought of hearing her voice makes me tense. We stepped away from her years ago because of her behavor. We haven't seen her in 16 years(not long enough in my book) :gnite:

Ha Ha! Actually though, Bern's mom and I get along most of the time. She's a good person with a good heart. I guess I just let it get to me somehow because I try to make her happy. I'm married to her favorite son and they (she and Bern's dad) live in our garage apartment. Two queens in the castle..... Two cooks in the kitchen.....

Uh... gotta run.

:hj: Ain't it funny how the men will sit back and watch while the women cat it out? LOL

Ego thing I guess....

Back to the MIL thingy---no matter how much you may love her, you are right on the 2 cooks in the kitchen. It is stressful even if they don't appear to be interfering.

I ate two bites of a Dilly Bar (Dairy Queen) yesterday.... dreamed I was starting to have a seizure and stopped. I feel OK today... no seizures.

MIL.... wants to be #1 with my kids and so do I. I'm lucky I am... I hope.

I've never been a MIL. Neither one of my kids married, (although I am the one raising the grandchildren, not by my design, but out of necessity because the parents are COMPLETE FOOLS)

I think I would make a terible MIL. I see something I think is wrong, I speak up. My daughter is with an abusive man and I let him know how LOW I think of him every chance I get. My pet names are too vulgar to print.

My mother kept her mouth shut. She figured once we left the nest, we were on our own, no business of hers. She was never critical, but my MIL will butt into an argument between me and the old man(my term of endearment to my husband)! I have put her in her place several times only to have her lie to the rest of the family about what actually happened. We got so tired of her games, we had to cut her from our lives. Ahhhhh what peace!
:dancing:

My In-Laws are good people, they just do things differently than I. They expect me to follow their lead and are very proud and chauvanistic. I'm happy to listen, but have my own ideas most of the time...

I feel like I'm a good mother and I put up with more than I should sometimes.... from kids and other adults in the household. We all try to get along for the sake of the boys (and because we are all human). it works most of the time. The "guilt trips" are abnormal and I try to be as nice to them as possible, even after receiving comments from "The 2nd Greatest Martyr" I've ever known.

The number one martyr would have to be my father's mother. Grandma was awesome, and I also remember some of the stunts she pulled. I was her baby, ya' know.

Of course, as with everything, I have had my little flare-ups resulting in a "family meeting". I also often tease my husband saying, "So WHEN are we moving?" half joking... but only half. I think we live in a wonderful school district and a wonderful area. One community over would be great. That way, the boys would get to see their grandparents and we would have some control. What would be even better is if I could drive. THEN I wouldn't have to depend on anyone all the time. It would make schedules much easier.

Love, Stace

Back
Top Bottom