I'm new here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fay

Experienced with Ketogenic diet
Reaction score
Hi! I don't know if I am foing this right or not- hope I am! This is my first post here and it's different than the other ones I've joined. Thanks for letting me join!
My name is Fay and am married to Thomas. We have 4 kids- Sarah is our baby at age 14,David just turned 16 Thanksgiving day, Scott is 17 1/2 and Joshua, our oldest is 21 and married to Ashley his high school sweetheart. Scott was diagnosed with Lnnox Gastaut Syndrome at age 3. He's been on all the meds and combos, is on the ketogenic diet for the first time, had the VNS implanted in 2000 and just had it removed Oct 6, 2006 due to several very serious medical problem we think it caused.
Scott has been totally seizure free since Jan.20, 2005 and has been medication free since August 3, 2005. Our miracle has been the ketogenic diet. He is still on the diet with plans to start weaning off of it next month. But it takes about a year to come off so have a while to go still. i look forward to getting to know everybody here.

Hi Fay, it's great to see you here. Make yourself at home. :)

Thanks Bernard. I've been checking around and trying to get used to everything here. I'm sure that I'll be posting more as i get used to everything. i see a few familair names here- besides you!- so that helps a lot. I do feel at home here in spite of being new.

Hey LOOK! It's the KETO KID! :star:

Well, not really a kid, but it sounds good!

Welcome Fay. Bernard has a nice place here and you can pick the apperance you like for the message board in your profiles. Some are more user friendly and easier on the eyes.

Guess I should bet off my butt and download some new skins..... :horse:

Welcome aboard!
:cheers:

That's right. I forget to tell new members about the forum skins options. Thanks Birdbomb!

The main reason I mentioned it was because our Fay has a squirel driven computer. This beast won't even let her copy&paste so she has to TYPE in URL's. Any help to make her pc run easier! :wink:

Ok ya'll, I need an avatar here too. Help!

Do you want Scott's picture like your avatar on my site? If you do then Bernard will have to install the avatar for you. :wink:

tnfays.jpg

This is fine as long as Bernard doesn't mind doing it for me. Thanks!

No problem. Fay, you can change your avatar yourself from the 'Profile'

Her pc won't allow her to copy and paste. It is a dinosaur. Poor thing has to TYPE in every URL if she can't click on a link. :cry:

No copy & paste??? I would go insane!

Is it a Windows machine?

Sure makes things very hard. Especially when the url is like 40 digets looooooooooooooooooong!!! :roll: :shock:
I don't know how she does it.

BB is right Bernard. I have no copy and paste and yes, I do a lot of screaming and a little bit of cussing (can't help it!) sometimes too.
I had hoped that right after Christmas I could buy a much better computer but it might be April or May now. This computer (a 1998 Quantex model with Windows 98) was going to be thrown away from the church office my hubby works at so my hubby asked for it as mine had just died and was beyond help. They had just bought new computers for the church and daycare so didn't need it. This IS better than nothing as I can at least get and reply to email, surf the net and go to my beloved message boards. But that's all I can do. If it weren't for BB and Jen (rockingforE), I'd be insane by now!

Thank you very much for putting Scott's pic as my avatar. Ain't he a cutie?!

He's got a great smile. :)

I sent you a PM re: your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom