incontinence and dreams

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My condition is not as bad as it could be. if i get low on my meds I have incontinence. which is common. here is the weird thing tho. Every time I am dreaming about peeing. and this last time it got even weirder. In my dream i was thinking "ok, this feels real, im not asleep, i can keep peeing". and of course, then I woke up.

I also get a sensation that no matter how hard i try, i just cant hit the toilet.

anyone else experience this?

What feels like a long and detailed dream can actually occur in the briefest of seconds. And you can dream about something that is happening in your environment before it reaches your conscious mind. So I think it's possible that your body senses it's about to pee, or has started peeing, and then you dream about it -- even though it feels like it's the other way around.

well. it feels like its happening at the same time, but as you mentioned, i was not conscious about it.

I get something called closed eye visuals sometimes. It is like closing your eyes and watching your subconscious to a certain extent. I've also lucid dreamt and that is like seeing those images in a 3d space. Closed eye visuals can be like 3d, but mostly for me it is like a projection behind my eyes.

Anyways, some of us may think in images, or a more correct way to say this might be, is that we have an occipital lobe which is dedicated to processing images.

Have you considered that waking to images, is really nothing more than catching a glimpse of your subconcious thoughts, right before you wake?

Understanding the subconcious language of the mind could be something entirely different however. For example, why did you feel it was okay to relieve yourself? Here, this might be something you are interested in trying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W96a_WAQeNk

Anyways, there are other mechanics to the mind, melatonin might regulate your sleep, um, acetylcholine or nicotinic receptors might somehow play a role in the crispness or resolution of your subconscious imaging. All the details are probably known to a few select dream researchers, I just don't know the specifics. Maybe the chemistry in your brain was off in a way where urinating became top priority to get fluids out of your system so your bladder would have more room for filtration, in order to rebalance your blood and brain chemistry through the kidneys? So, any minor chemical imbalance gave you a quick glimpse into your subconscious processes? I don't know.

Last edited:
In my 20's after a heavy night of drinking, that night i had a dream about peeing and then woke up to wet sheets. Doh#@!$

Solution don't drink much at nights before going to bed.

It doesn't matter much for me anymore, because for some reason i do not dream anymore. I'm glad, since most my dreams where nightmarish. Well i probably dream, but i do not recall them.

:piano: :pop:

Back
Top Bottom