I've got a fever

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
99pcowbell1.jpg

and the only prescription ... is more cowbell!

Seriously though, both of my boys and Stacy have already had this 4-5 day long fever and now its my turn. My joints ache and my head feels woozy. Supposedly, it's a virus that is going around in our area. :giveup:

Haha... It worked. I broke the fever last night. :)

Rats.... I spoke too soon. Lost about a gallon of sweat last night (estimated) and woke up feeling great, so I thought it broke, but it returned with a vengeance later this morning/afternoon.

Day 3 for me.... ugh.

Curiously, I took a nap this afternoon and kept waking myself because I realized I wasn't breathing. That's when I took some fever reducer (like I had done last night). I don't want to encourage sleep apnea!

Let me know when you need more cowbell, ther's plenty more where that came from! Hope you're feeling better.

That was one nasty virus. I'm 100% again, but the virus continues on in others I know. I don't remember 5 day fever viruses plaguing communities when I was a child, but then, I guess I didn't really pay attention to that sort of thing then either.

How high was your fever? I was out all day running all over greater Las Vegas yesterday in the heat and feel like crap today. Headache, stiff neck, and breaking a sweat like a low grade fever. Been sweating since I came home last night. Only problem is, these are the same symptoms of a RA flare too so not sure if the RA is getting ready to blow or coming down with something.

Think I'll just go back to bed for a while.
smiley_186.gif

I didn't start checking it until day 3, but 102.4F was the highest measurement I got.

Back
Top Bottom