Just hiccuped till I passed out

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
I know I've mentioned it here before, but when I get hiccups, I GET hiccups. Typically 6-8 hours, progressively getting more and more painful. Well this time the hiccups were rapid fire and so hard they knocked the wind out me. Passed out within 10 minutes. Link between E and hiccups? Any cures work for you to stop them?

Also maybe a side more: mh auras have changed maybe. Sometimes within the last week I feel like the big vien on the left side of my neck drains of blood. It makes me fell woozy and icky off a whole. Then other times it feels like its under pressure? And it's sudden with no pattern,

How are you feeling now? Better, I hope.

Hiccups can be a form of Myoclonic Seizure -- in this case, the muscle that is twitching happens to be the diaphragm.If they're seizure-related, it may be tough to get your hiccups to stop. One thing that sometime works for me is lying on my back over the arm of a sofa (or similar) in such a way as to really stretch out the diaphragm.

i had a similar probem while i was in hospital twelve months ago id spend 4-5 hours with hiccups followed by 20 mins peace and then half an hour of projectile vomit and the only way i got round it was to have a pipe up my nose draining my stomach for three days which drove me so mad that after three days id obviously gotten that sick of this pipe that i pulled it out in my sleep oh extasy my only problem is i have to go back in 6 days for more operations to my pelvis so am i gonna wind up with this again because believe me id rather get run over by another transit van than have to suffer that again so i really feel for you at least mine was only a one off but id hate to go through it time and time again

I had hiccups until 4am :( no sleep for me. :( I normally hiccup till I puke. But I slept Luke 2 hours at a time while still hiccuping

Back
Top Bottom