Just saying hi....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

The screen name "GodivaGirl" well, that's because I happen to love Godiva chocolate & there's a Godiva chocolate store 2 blocks away from my neurologist in Toronto, Ontario - I live an hour away from my neuro that I see every 6 months. I've been epileptic since I was 5, now I'm 33 & other than not having a license & having to take the 3 different meds - really I try not to let epilepsy stand in my way. I finished high school & university, I was a sports kid. I'm practically married to the guy I've been living with for 6 years. We consider ourselves married, we just both wanna have better jobs.
Until recently I've always had a great paying job, but they've always been high stress in technology. The best thing my former employer could've done was to downsize my department!! I've since taken a job that pays less, but the stress is way less - this has lead to WAY less seizures...this leads to a bit of a juggling act again on when we get married.
For now, I'm on Topomax, Keppra & Clobazam. My goal is to get stress under control, get life a bit more mellow, and some day have things under control so that within the next year or so when the guy I'm with and I go to get married, we can consider having kids.
Complicated, huh....at least for now things are kinda seizure free - except "spacey" feelings I call absence seizures, but they don't happen much.
Well...that's me in a nutshell.
Nice to meet who ever stops by..and hey if I've met ya on epilepsy.com, see ya there later maybe as well.

~ GG (GodivaGirl)

Hi GG, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I was hoping that is what the Godiva was for...
Welcome GG... I hope you reach your goals. Glad to have you join the part here at CWE

Howdy GG

I'm a big fan of Godiva myself. They sell them on the base right next to my house! So guess who gets a big old box every Mother's day/Christmas/Birthday/Valentines and just beause I crave the damn things?

Where's the Chocolaaaaaaaaaaaaateeeees????

:hello: GG

I have now proclaimed a new rule!
All newcomers must bring in a box
of Godiva Chocolates to all Staff!

:D

KIDDING!

Glad to have you here!

:hello: GG

I have now proclaimed a new rule!
All newcomers must bring in a box
of Godiva Chocolates to all Staff!

:D

KIDDING!

Glad to have you here!

Thank God you're kiddin' - I'd have problems over here - they don't sell it in the UK.

Welcome Aboard GG - hope you find as much useful information and friendly people on here as I have.

If you're lucky, I'll tell you one day about my Colonoscopy in FULL detail !! :tup:

Thank God you're kiddin' - I'd have problems over here - they don't sell it in the UK.

Welcome Aboard GG - hope you find as much useful information and friendly people on here as I have.

If you're lucky, I'll tell you one day about my Colonoscopy in FULL detail !! :tup:

Colonoscopy in FULL detail !! :noevil:

Hi gg I know what you are talking about Im in the process of dealing with alot of stress.. "family related" ups and downs.... yesterday was pretty stressful and i ended up having kinda epilepsy break down...& backed my car into a tree... today is a new day tho:)

happy your here :)

love angel

Hmm... wonder what Sigmund Freud would have to say about someone so smitten with their own colon?

[reminds self] open TT's pm with caution[/remind] :pfft:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom