Just thought I'd introduce myself

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, just thought aI'd drop a quick line to say hi and introduce myself. I'm rather new to posting to a forum like this, so please bear with me.

anyways, about 12 years ago I was diagnosed with partial complex epileptic seizures that came about because of bacterial meningitis as an infant. after battling it for about 6 years and trying many different meds, I finally got them under control. Unfortunately, recently they have been coming back to haunt me after being in submission for 6 years, I have even had to double the dosages of my medications. The weird part about these seizures now is that they only occur in my sleep and recently they have even been becoming convulsions.

It becomes tough to deal with, but I'll just have to tough it out like I did before, anyways, thats enough of that, don't need to feel sorry for myself, as I always say, life goes on

Hi s10sleeper, welcome to the forum! :hello:

You will have the hang of forum posting in no time. It's super easy. Feel free to jump right in any topic you like or start your own. :)

Sorry to hear about your seizures getting worse after 6 years. It happened to Stacy after 4 years, but that was because she delivered a child - a pretty traumatic event and hormone hurricane to say the least...

Thanks, I just think that a lot of it has been related to a lot of stress in my life, lately I've been having to take care of my diabetic father who moved in with me recently, along with juggling a full time job and college full time

I think we can all relate to that.

atlas-small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom