Kayla's Journey

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yve

New
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this story, but it details the story of "Kayla Sterchow who suffers from an extreme form of epilepsy that sends her into violent rages. The 10-year-old is ostracised by her classmates and her parents are at their wits' end of years of daily episodes in which they're kicked, punched and humiliated. Photographer Danielle Smith and reporter Louise Hall chronicled her life-changing brain surgery she undertook in hope of curing her seizures."

http://www.smh.com.au/interactive/2008/national/kayla-battles-epilepsy/index.html

The Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) is one of the newspapers here in Sydney, and I thought that this report gave a little bit of a view into one family's life with a particular form of epilepsy, and their subsequent choice to try brain surgery.

Last edited by a moderator:
My prayers are with this family. I hope this is very successful for this beautiful little girl.

Back
Top Bottom