Kia Soybean Wiring

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

If any of you own a Kia be alert. I was in the garage today for 5 hrs. to find out that rodents ate the harness wiring of the auto which will cost up to $4 grand to repair. The reason that the rodents are going after the wiring is because the wires are covered with soybean which draws them to the wires to help sharpen their teeth and they like the taste so if any of your sensors start acting up it may be rodents so be alert.
Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

KIA's aren't the only cars. The use of soybean is a new environmentally safe thing (and it's also cheaper). Most car dealers are switching to it. Honda at least has admitted there's an issue but don't take responsibility for repairs. Their solution is to sell you a electrical tape coated in capsaicin - one bite of that will put the rodent off eating car wiring, unless they happen to like hot chili peppers.

Hi Dolores,

I'm going after Kia and you are correct a lot of dealers are using soybean which will only cost the buyer a lot of money in the long run. We are going after Kia to pay the bill.
I also read that there's a lot of lawsuits against these dealers that are selling autos with the soybean wiring. Thanks for your help and I wish you only the best. May God Bless You!

Sue

Is this electric car..bit naughty putting soya on wires...in uk they changed our £5note apparently got pig fat in it some members of society going mad well is answer to that

Hi seagull,

This is a SUV and it's not electric the company has put soybean on the outer covering of the wires to the harness which draws rodents in because they like the taste. Kia , Toyota and many other car and truck companies are doing this today but it's costing the owner more money, that's why class action lawsuits are happening. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

So when they rewire the car, do they use the same soybean oil insulated wires? Seems like a waste if they don't.

Hi resaebiunne,

When they rewire the Kia we are making them put tape around the wires so it won't attract the rodents. These companies making Kia's and other autos are only hurting themselves with all the lawsuits they have. One of kia's businesses is shutting down in Georgia do to the lawsuits. Thanks for your support and I wish you only the best of luck May God Bless You!

Sue

Thanks for the info! This is the first I am hearing of this. Will tell friends and family!
M

Hi marika853,

It's not just Kia that's pulling this other dealers are doing the same just go on line and type in soybean on wire harness and you will see that a lot of companies are pulling this and once a week a auto is coming into the garage with rodent eating the wires costing a person as much as $30 grand depending on the auto.
Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom